• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

record and sort audio from an old cassette source

NexPhr3ak0r

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know this isn't movie related but it is editing related. I stumbled upon a couple of old cassettes i had that i would like to record into mp3 format. I currently have a walkman going into the line in on my desktop and the sounds come out just fine i am looking for software to record the audio and then split the file into tracks. Any good programs for this?

ReverendBeastly

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Adobe Audition is what I prefer. But you'll probably want to go with GoldWave, as it's free.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yeah, I like audition a lot, also have used cakewalk sonar for a lot of things. I have never tried GoldWave, but I have used Wavepad. Its also free and allows some editing

NexPhr3ak0r

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Are the programs pretty easy to use? Ideally i want a program that will record the whole audio and then just ask me what times the audio will split at. I do have adobe audition (even though i admittedly do not know how to use it) is it pretty straight forward. The original audio source is pretty bad and no one other than myself is ever going to want to hear it. but it's just so i don't lose it when all my old analog media goes to crap.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Adobe audition is quite easy. I use it all the time. But I don't like the 2.0 version, it is very buggy. 1.5 (or cool edit 2000, as it was called before adobe bougth it) is the way to go.

Top Bottom