• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Recommended free software for audio editing

o_ciz

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi,

I just discovered this forum and was kind of surprised that in Audio Editing section there is no mention of my 2 favorite audio editing programs, so I thought I would start this topic and maybe help some people who are looking for some powerful audio tools. I have studied Sound Design at university and tried almost all of the professional DAWs (Digital Audio Workstations) out there and these are my all time favorites (and can be used for free).

1.) Reaper

The best audio editing software I have ever seen. It is not technically free, but you can use the free trial version without any limitations (and personal licence is cheap). Even the most expensive professional software pales in comparison to Reaper's capabilities. This is a versatile all in one solution for all your audio needs.

2.) Cakewalk by Bandlab

This program used to be called Sonar and was one of the most expensive professional DAWs. It was recently released for free without any limitations. In comparison to Reaper it feels a bit clumsy, but it still is a very capable and professional piece of software. And it is totally free.

So, if you are looking for a powerful software to handle audio editing, I definitely recommend to check these two programs.

Back
Top Bottom