• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Recommend me a TV show.....

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
zeppelinrox said:
About the 4400, it has a really cool premise where 4400 people who had vanished over many years suddenly return and is supposed to be alot better than Heroes. I'm guessing superpowers may be involved. (I don't want to read up on it too much so as not to spoil it for me, just in case I do watch it)

It was pretty cool. You always had an idea of where the show was headed. There was objective, which is sadly lacking in Heroes.

Sort of ends on a cliffhanger, kinda.

The Dead Zone - now that was good. Solid all the way through.

zeppelinrox

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I haven't seen the last season of Dead Zone yet, but I think it left things unresolved.

Oh, one series that I have watched back in the day was American Gothic.
A very creepy Gary Cole kept it really interesting.
I do have it on DVD but have not seen it yet. They never aired all the episodes at the time but the DVD has them so I just reminded myself that I must watch this.
I hope it's as good as I remember, but Gary Cole never lets me down. He's always great to watch :)

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
zeppelinrox said:
I haven't seen the last season of Dead Zone yet, but I think it left things unresolved.

Oh, one series that I have watched back in the day was American Gothic.
A very creepy Gary Cole kept it really interesting.
I do have it on DVD but have not seen it yet. They never aired all the episodes at the time but the DVD has them so I just reminded myself that I must watch this.
I hope it's as good as I remember, but Gary Cole never lets me down. He's always great to watch :)

Didn't that one get canned in the middle of the season? Ended really shitty.

Last season of Dead Zone tied alot up. I thought it was fine except dropping alot of major characters.

Ziz

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
23 posts and nobody's mentioned Firefly?

Dead Like Me is good if you want something lighter but still tapping theological thoughts now and then.

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
yeah firefly IS rad... but sad... 'cuz it's only 1 season :(

also... for anyone wondering, the first 4 episodes of Dexter Season 3 are AWWWWWWWWWWWESOOOOOOOME

InfoDroid

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That new SouthLAnd show premiered last night. I thought it was pretty good. I'm not a big cop drama fan, but it was kinda like Training Day meets Crash... I liked it.

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not sure of they are showing this one overseas or not, but "Sons of Anarchy" on the F/x Network is (well was since the first season ended a few months back) turning out to be very good. Pretty much it is a biker gang drama. The first I would say 4 episodes kind of had me teetering on good or bad, however the writers shortly fixed this and started presenting a very good show and worth the watch. Season 2 is in the works now

Of course LOST will always be on my list, but I STRONGLY RECOMMEND viewing all of the past seasons first before seeing anything new if you have never watched the show before.

Sprug

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Tick (live-action)!
142411__tick_l.jpg

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If you haven't seen it yet, you're crazy for not watching Life on Mars. Not the pathetic US remake, the original British version. Absolutely brilliant from start to finish.

ab5tract

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay, let me co-sign The Wire, as that show will reign king for all time (IMO obviously :p). TV rarely if ever attempts to actually portray reality--The Wire did so, and did it well. Too well, probably, which is why it's a critical darling but an "unwatched wonder" despite the praise. Having watched it four times start to finish, I can tell you that it is an immensely deep experience that rewards multiple returns.

In terms of shows still in production, "The United States of Tara" is awesome. Same with "Californication." Never bothered with Dexter, not a fan of CSI or serial killers, but if you guys really say the scripting is so great...

"Breaking Bad" was great from what I saw. Other than TSCC, that is the only non-premium show I've watched in the past 5 or 6 years. (Simpsons don't count because I only enjoy the re-runs ;) Neither do Daily Show or Colbert.)

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ab5tract said:
Okay, let me co-sign The Wire, as that show will reign king for all time (IMO obviously :p). TV rarely if ever attempts to actually portray reality--The Wire did so, and did it well. Too well, probably, which is why it's a critical darling but an "unwatched wonder" despite the praise. Having watched it four times start to finish, I can tell you that it is an immensely deep experience that rewards multiple returns.

In terms of shows still in production, "The United States of Tara" is awesome. Same with "Californication." Never bothered with Dexter, not a fan of CSI or serial killers, but if you guys really say the scripting is so great...

"Breaking Bad" was great from what I saw. Other than TSCC, that is the only non-premium show I've watched in the past 5 or 6 years. (Simpsons don't count because I only enjoy the re-runs ;) Neither do Daily Show or Colbert.)

I do not have showtime or HBO. When I hear about a lot of these good shows mainly on pay cable, someone I know usually gets the dvd which I can then borrow to view. Dexter is amazing, you should really see it. That too though you need to see from the beginning in order not to spoil or ruin anything for you

ab5tract

Reaction score
Trophy Points
tranzor said:
I do not have showtime or HBO. When I hear about a lot of these good shows mainly on pay cable, someone I know usually gets the dvd which I can then borrow to view. Dexter is amazing, you should really see it. That too though you need to see from the beginning in order not to spoil or ruin anything for you

I never had them either until recently. Just watched em through friends. Netflix is awesome for this as well.

I almost forgot 'True Blood', which was great. Though it stumbled by feeling contrived a couple times, it really shines. The lead female character, Sookie, is alternatively cool and uberfrustrating, my ex and I had a great time yelling "GODDAMNITSOOKI!E!!!" multiple times. But the premise ultimately prevails. This might be especially good for you, White43, as it is simultaneously offbeat and tends toward the fanciful.

Right now I'm watching the first "Starz original" series I've ever seen, called Party Down, about a bunch of out of work actors working at a catering company. First episode was directed by Fred Savage. It was good. This episode is about serving a party for the 'California College Conservative Union' or some shit. Pretty funny so far. Huge flap about Cuban cigars as a gift to Gov. Arnie.

(Edit: Hit the send button before the opinion. Corrected.)

stomachworm

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
BREAKING BAD is a must see for season 1. Season 2 has had alot of family bs. I'd like to do (or see) a Season 1 fanedit.

30 Rock is always funny.

Better Off Ted is a good intelligent comedy.

The Unusuals is quirky off beat police comedy.

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
so you liked the wire's 2nd, 4th and 5th seasons?

i agree that the wire (season 1, especially) WAS great. but then they murdered it.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have been enjoying "Pitchmen" on discovery. It "stars" Billy Mays and Anthony Sullivan, 2 of the most well known infomercial stars in America.

If you like discovery channel shows like Deadliest catch and the like you should give it a look. Personally I just get a kick out of Billy Mays
[youtubewide:61jwv3ph]

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
oh man if you like billy mays you're gonna love the jaboody dubs:

[youtube:5pecty66]

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: I almost pissed myself.
the only thing that could make that better was if the guy sounded less like steven wright and more like billy mays.
great find, that aught to kill an our of my workday *heads off to youtube*

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
:lol: Make your ugly clothes even uglier, rhinestones, rhinestones, rhinestones!
[youtube:2o5mgaky]

Top Bottom