• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Re-Animator: Re-Animated

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know the vast majority of you love a good lengthy review. I do too, but I also just like getting to the point.

the film: Re-Animator: re-animated by Leonenut

Once again Leonenut comes through with a nice edit. This time offering us an extended edition for one of the 1980s finest.

Here is a basic plot for the film stolen from the imdb.com:

A medical student and his girlfriend become involved in a bizarre experiment into reanimating the dead conducted by the student's incorrigible housemate in this campy sendup of an H.P. Lovecraft story. The emphasis is on humour but once the dead walk, there is gore aplenty. Written by Keith Loh {loh@sfu.ca}

onto the edit:
The film was heavily cut down and offered in two versions. A shorter unrated edition as well as an R rated edition which ran longer but had most of the violence and gore removed. Using the nice Elite dvd as a source, Leonenut took all of the extra footage from the rated R edition and nicely put the scenes back in place using the unrated version of the film. What we have now is a true complete version running over 105 mins. As a bonus the not used "dream sequence" scene appears after the end credits.

VIDEO: the video is very clear and sharp, and does not suffer from any noticeable artifacting. You can tell sometimes when the r rated scenes fall into play as they are slightly lesser quality. Overall the picture is very acceptable and the use of these extra scenes does add more depth to the film as well as characters. The picture is 16x 9 anamorphic

AUDIO: Standard two channel and sounds good. Like the video used for the R version scenes, you can slightly hear a little less quality when that footage is used. It also seems that the R scenes did not flow smoothly into the unrated and some minor fades do appear. This is very acceptable. On the downside at least one minor R rated scene has the sync slightly off by literally a few milliseconds (though the rest of the film is in sync) and one audio dropout appears for less than a second (not a talking scene if it helps) later on in the film. Again nothing to loss your mind over and not distracting.

No extras appear on this disc.

I know many people judge menus. You get a general static menu and a passable chapter select menu.

the final verdict:
I loved what he did with the film. The edited scenes play smooth and I am giving this a 4 out of 5 stars.

if you are even remotely a fan of this film, Leonenut's work on this is worth getting a hold of

LeoneNut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the review Tranzor.

I dug your Warriors edit, was much better than the crappy director's cut that came out.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@Leonenut

are you going to do the same thing to Re-Animator II? i'd love to see that version!

LeoneNut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not a big fan of the sequels, and haven't got the DVD
Is there any need to do the sequel, I thought the unrated cut of that was just an extended version of the r-rated one, could be wrong though :)

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think he means the bride of the re-animator as being the sequel

dark jedi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
there is also Beyond Re-Animator,I have all 3.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
tranzor said:
I think he means the bride of the re-animator as being the sequel

yes i did, as it was :)

LeoneNut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
by Leonenut
original film name: Re-Animator
new film name : Re-Animator: Re-Animated
edit crew name : Stuart Gordon (Director)
Date Original Film Was Released : 1985
Date Edit Was Released : Jan 2007
Original Runtime : 86 mins
New Runtime : 108 mins
Amount of time Cut/Added : 22 mins

Cuts removed/added/extended :

* -Added back all the R-rated scenes back to the Unrated version
   * - Deleted dream sequence added as an after credits bonus (felt out of place in the movie)

Fanedit details (please add here details about DVD contents as well as video and audio information):

* - 1.85:1 Anamorphic NTSC
   * - Original Mono soundtrack

Your intention for this fanedit:
To restore all the scenes from R-rated cut back to the unrated cut, to make an extended movie

Time needed for the edition: 1 week
persons involved: LeoneNut

RE_ANIMATOR_RA_NCSP_3D2.jpg

http://fanedit.org/498/
Maybe downloadable from info

ribtin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is this Re-Animated version pretty much the same as the official Integral Cut?

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Blu-Ray I have has the Integral Cut, which I believe is an official version of this Re-Animated cut. I can highly reccomend it. Not sure how readily available outside Australia this disc is though.

3868_Re-Animator_Packshot_BD_SLICK_600x.png

Dawnrazor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There is at least 3 more Blu-ray releases that includes the Integral cut (I have the second sight Blu-ray)

Some of the more recent Blu-Ray releases (Arrow's Limited Edition US release, Second Sight UK, and German Capelight releases) include a 105-minute 'integral cut', which restores all of the deleted plot scenes used in the censored R-rated releases, with the full uncensored version.

Blue Owl

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This was always one of my favorite lovecraft adaptations. Looking forward to seeing this

Top Bottom