• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Rambo: First Blood Part II fan edit

Tubes

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
After my Planet Terror fanedit ground to a halt, I figured that a change of pace was needed. I figured that First Blood Part II was the perfect film to cut up, considering that it's a decent action flick with several flaws that I can't ignore. Like Co and her American accent.

I'm curious, though, about the 5.1 audio track. I know that First Blood Part II was released in both stereo and 6 Track, but I'm unsure if the 5.1 track is sourced from the 6 track or one of those remixes. Anyone have any info about that? Regardless, I'll probably released a dual layer with both.

Things I look to cut are lots of Co's awkward scenes, trim up some of the action scenes, and some of Sly's dead eye shots.

Maybe downloadable from info

First pass and this is what I got:

Cut "Do we get to win this time?". Trautman's response makes no sense as later he asks Rambo to try and forget the war.

Cut Rambo's response to "Times change". Somewhat out of character for Rambo to quip back at this point.

Shortened Rambo getting caught up in the plane when he parachutes. Removed redundant lines by Ericson.

Cut "Got hung up" scene.

Trimmed up the attack on the pirate's boat. Removed redundant shotgun blasting, machine gun firing, and Co yelling at Rambo to jump.

Removed slo-mo shot of Rambo and the POW crawling through the mud at the extraction point.

Removed Rambo and Co's kiss.

Trimmed down Co's death scene.

Cut Yashin yelling in Russian to the machine gunner.

That's all I have at this point. There is only a 1 minute 20 second difference between the original cut and this one, mostly because the movie was really short to begin with. If anyone else has any ideas about what else to cut, feel free to post them.

Also, this will be my first edit with 5.1 audio. I'll need someone to check to see if it works correctly, as I don't have a surround system.

DVD checked out. Anyone interested?

is this the DVD?

Yes. I'm in the middle of uploading the files on Rapidshare, so I'll complete the list by editing the previous post.

On number 32 out of 47 right now.

All the Rapidshare files are up.

Back
Top Bottom