• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Raiders of the Lost Skull

Thanks Omaru, glad you liked it. Cheers.

For all those who requested it, an 8GB AVCHD is currently being uploaded to MU and will be submitted to the site shortly for those that want to burn an HD copy of the file to dvd, rather than download the blu ray. Thanks to Captain Khajiit for the help.

Your gonna have to edit a great deal to get me to even contemplate watching this pile of garbage again!
Only seen it once in the cinema and can still here my own inner voice saying "Please don't let this be about aliens"

Hence the fan edit...

njvc said:
For all those who requested it, an 8GB AVCHD is currently being uploaded to MU and will be submitted to the site shortly for those that want to burn an HD copy of the file to dvd, rather than download the blu ray. Thanks to Captain Khajiit for the help.

Thanks for that, will be on the lookout for the links :)

Links for AVCHD now ready. PM me if interested. Will submit to site shortly.

Criminal use of movie posters in that video.

Indeed. I love his reviews... even though I fear I may be forced to comprehend what a complete waste of time it was trying to save this movie. sigh.

I still don't get all the hate of this movie. Many critics loved it. Take a look at Rotten Tomatoes.

Editroid said:
I still don't get all the hate of this movie. Many critics loved it. Take a look at Rotten Tomatoes.

Did you see the movie? If so that should answer your question of why people hate it.

It's on USA now. I'm already wanting to see the fanedit edition as I watch it.

Ok everyone, I'm putting the shout out - Just checked the downloads and over 600 people have downloaded the film (awesome!) but only four people have rated it on the site's homepage. So if anyone saw it (or is planning to) and enjoyed the edit, please leave a rating/review on the site's homepage as I think it only needs one more good rating to make it to the 'best of' list on the site. Also, the AVCHD has been uploaded to the site, and should appear on fanedit.info any day now. But in truth, you should all get bluray software, because 1080p is really quite something.

Cheers, and happy holidays to you all!

Cool. I'm probably going to watch it this weekend.

njvc said:
Ok everyone, I'm putting the shout out - Just checked the downloads and over 600 people have downloaded the film (awesome!) but only four people have rated it on the site's homepage.

Welcome to the wonderful world of fanediting. There will be hundreds of downloads but few ratings and reviews. That's the nature of the beast. Become used to it. :)

Also, download numbers are often inflated for some reason.

Just finished watching this and my first thought was, this is as good as it's going to get. I've only seen the original a few times and hated it more and more each time, but found this one to be much more tolerable. At its core, it's still a pretty bad movie, but at least with this version it becomes watchable. You got rid of everything you possibly could without really affecting the flow of the story (still a bad story no matter what).

I watched the AVCHD version and the video and audio quality was excellent. I didn't really notice any hard cuts. There were a few quick transitions or really short sequences, but its better than the alternatives that you removed. I loved how you incorporated the Raiders score even though it felt a bit overused, but again it's better than the alternative. My main complaint about the audio is that the replaced score is LOUD. I had to turn down the volume several times when the score came in because it was blasting through my speakers and was at a much higher volume than the rest of the audio. The sound effects and dialogue sometimes became lost in the loudness of the score as well. The score could do with probably at the very least a 3dB drop, probably a bit more.

As far as entertainment value, I'd probably still only give this movie a 6/10, but that's much higher than the 2/10 I would give the original. It feels more Indy-like and Indy himself is less of a caricature and more like we remember him. Unfortunately, him and Spalko are the only somewhat interesting characters in the whole movie. Mutt, Marion, Ox and Mac are just terrible characters who just feel out of place throughout the entire "adventure", but there's really nothing you could do about that.

Overall a very good job making an ok movie out of a terrible one. I really like how you did an HD version and wish more people would follow that path. I don't have a blu-ray burner so the AVCHD version was perfect and the quality was superb. Looking forward to seeing some of your future edits.

Video: 10/10
Audio: 9/10 (only because of the LOUD score)
Entertainment: 6/10 (original is 2/10)
Overall: 8/10

Back
Top Bottom