• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Raiders of the Lost Skull

Metrostar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I get this error while trying to download from Usenet... Twice.

"WARNING:: Paused job "Raiders of the Lost Skull v2 AVCHD 720p" because of encrypted RAR file."

Any ideas?

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DVD and BD now available via MEGA. Should be on info before too long, but PM for links if super duper keen.

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks heaps for the recent reviews Agent9, ac77, GatorBootlegs and Corz! :)

Why this edit is suddenly getting some love again I have no Idea, but it's a nice surprise all the same.

z-vap

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just an FYI both DVD5 and AVCHD failed to download for me on the NZB side of things
(supernews). Trying MEGA now. I am actually impressed with the speed I am getting with MEGA. Nice.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Review posted on IFDb:

This is the third edit of Indy 4 I've watched, and while they all have their pluses and minuses, I think this might be my favorite due to the new score alone. I'm not an expert on movie soundtracks, but this just *felt* more like an Indy film with the music choices that the editor made, and the integration was really well done. Reading some of the reviews, I was very concerned about the audio, but the new music and sound fx were very well balanced with the existing dialogue. I'm assuming the reviewer comments about poor audio levels were made based on v1, as opposed to the v2 I watched.

The other new and exciting thing the editor did was the use of additional footage during the crystal skull spell sequence, including some very clever usage of Doom Town. By far my favorite editing of this scene!

Beyond that, there was the usual mix of editing choices that I both agreed and disagreed with. There were a few things that I have seen done better, but by and large the editing choices were well done.

A/V quality and editing were generally excellent. I only watched the DVD9 for now, but I look forward to adding the AVCHD to my collection if I'm able to obtain it.

8.5/10

GMac78

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Downloaded it with Mega but last half hour of movie wont play it freezes at the point just after the waterfall when they enter the cave. Very frustrating, was really enjoying it too.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Mmm, I totaly forgot that your edit was named "Raiders of the Lost Skull"... I wanted to name my new edit "Riddles of the Lost Skull" but it sounds a bit too similar of your edit, IMO.

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just stumbled across this cover art by someone from elsewhere on the interwebs:

750e5087_indianajonesferaidersof.png

Pretty cool! There's also a custom cover of [MENTION=7317]booshman[/MENTION] 's Superman Returns edit on the same page, here. Anyone know who the artist is, or seen this before?

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nope, but he uses the same source as my cover:

y8ax.jpg

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wow, he has some great covers. not sure who it is though. would be nice if we could get him (or her?) to join the forums here.

Dana Xu

Reaction score
Trophy Points
After giving up on Indy 4 officially, I checked this out last night after reading the description and was not disappointed. Kudos and this'll be the only version I consider from hereon in ...

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ollie W, thank you checking out my edit and for taking the time to review it. Very pleased the altered music had the impact I had hoped it would! The idea for the 'spell of the skull' scene was borrowed from infodroid's unfinished version, but I'm pleased you enjoyed it all the same. Cheers :)

Ollie W

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
njvc said:
Ollie W, thank you checking out my edit and for taking the time to review it. Very pleased the altered music had the impact I had hoped it would! The idea for the 'spell of the skull' scene was borrowed from infodroid's unfinished version, but I'm pleased you enjoyed it all the same. Cheers :)
Your welcome mate. Us Aussies have to stick together. :)

It's a pretty special effort when one takes an average film and makes it enjoyable. Tomahawk did it with Superman Returned. Likewise Uncanny Antman with Terminator 3: the Coming Storm.

How did you manage to isolate and remove the original score so well?

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ollie W said:
Us Aussies have to stick together. :)

because of the coming war with new zealand?!?

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ollie W said:
How did you manage to isolate and remove the original score so well?

The usual tricks: Isolate the centre channel and rebuild foley/music around it. Luckily the spill from the original is not too bad for Indy 4, but it's still a lengthy process as the majority of the sound effects (Walking/ punching/ gun fire/ atmosphere) also have to be replaced to make new mix feel right. Happy to hear it was convincing enough!

TheCineManiac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm new to this site. Where do I go to download this? I really need a good version of Crystal Skull.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TheCineManiac, since you're new: please read Using This Site. It's full of useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. This site has many rules in place to protect itself and its users. Should you ever need a reminder look no further: General Rules and Own the Source Rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to an admin for further details.

Top Bottom