• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Rage Agaisnt The Machine Vs Simon Cowell

FatherMerrin

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There's a Facebook campaign in the UK to stop Simon Cowell's X Factor winner (The UK Version of American Idol) getting yet another Xmas Number 1.

The song they've chosen is Killing In The Name Of by Rage Agaisnt The Machine.

Here's the link to the page where you'll find all the details about where to purchse the song.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2228594104

Last year the X Factor got to Number 1 with sales of around 500,000. The Facebook campaign has already got 700,000 promising to buy the record & as I speak Killing In The Name Of is number 2 in the iTunes charts, so we're not there yet. :oops:

So if you're a music fan, hate Simon Cowell or just fancy a good laugh of having Rage Agaisnt The Machine as Xmas number 1 in the UK, please buy the single in the links provided in the Facebook page.

Rock On 8)

I'm gutted. I was going to do this but I lost my wallet over the weekend - so now can't buy it. D'oh!!!!

Would be quite funny if this worked....last I checked, the FB group had something like 680,000 members.

Last time I checked it was around 720,000.

But I just checked the site page & Facebook has removed the page. :evil:

It's cause of shit like this that the Rage have to get to No1, I'm sick of it.

I swear it was closed down for a good few hours yesterday.

No matter, the total is now over 750,000.

Here's a video sum bloke made about it.
[youtube:7swfd170]

The UK's No.1 Christmas Track for 2009 is:

Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name Of.

F**kin hilarious. I bought two copies :lol:

FLAWLESS VICTORY :lol: 8)

C'mon nOm, did you buy a copy?

EPIC WIN!

congrats all you english dudes...

i really loved that song and from now on it´s a christmas song...

:)

hehehe

This has made me a very happy bunny :lol:

I'm very proud to be English, but over the last few years I've felt like this country has fallen into a squalid cesspit of mediocrity. As a result I've felt very disconnected with the way this country is at the moment.

This Xmas Number 1 isn't gonna change music industry over night, but it's nice to know there are other people out there who feel the same way about the state of the music in the UK at the moment.

It's nice to know that not everyone in the UK is an X Factor, celebrity obsessed brain dead zombie. :)

This campaign has also raised over £80,000 for the charity Shelter, so I think it's been a really positive week. :)

white43 said:
C'mon nOm, did you buy a copy?

EPIC WIN!

of course, i even got most of my work colleagues to buy a copy as well.

I'm very proud to be English, but over the last few years I've felt like this country has fallen into a squalid cesspit of mediocrity

yeah, about that - come across the pond for a few days. you'll feel alot better about your county I am sure.
USA IS #1 squalid cesspit of mediocrity :p
[youtube:13lx3xoc]

Back
Top Bottom