• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Question regarding finalizing my edit before uploading

juice4z0

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was reading through the submit area and I noticed the box art and DVD label requirement. Which I have already submitted a request in the correct place for. But my question is.

Is a DVD release required? Can it be released in AVI only?

I looked around before asking. I'm just trying to make sure when i submit it i have everything needed to make the admin's happy.

Thanks

avi is allowed, although you tend to get a lot more interest with a DVD as well. I'm not sure if the art requirement includes avi-only releases.

Artwork is required for all releases. It doesn't have to be fancy, but it does have to exist. If you can't find someone in the forum to make you some, there are some very easy guides and templates in the covers subforum.

Don't give up on this step. You've made a fanedit, and if you can do that, you can make a basic cover. In releasing your fanedit, you're obviously wanting people to view it. Even the most simple cover will convey to people that you care enough about your edit to make it worth their while.

Find some large images, put one on the front, one on the back and fill in some text. Look at the other covers and make it similar. If you still have trouble, ask for help in the covers forum. You'll find that you can make an acceptable cover in little to no time, and will feel good about it in the end.

Back
Top Bottom