• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Question Regarding 15.4GB .mp4 Video File

Bear Man

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have completed a fan edit and saved it in .mp4 format to preserve video quality. The size of the video file is a whopping 15.4 GB's.
Is it possible to compress this file, while preserving video quality? And if so, what is a good software program to use?
Or, should I consider creating the movie in a different format than .mp4?

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Knowing your editing chain would help.

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bear Man said:
Is it possible to compress this file, while preserving video quality?

If you want a smaller .mp4, you should encode a new one, not re-encode what you already have. People will need to know the resolution of your video and your workflow if they are to help you.

Bear Man

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I used VideoPad Video Editor Professional to edit and format the file. The video resolution is 720 x 480.

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
In that case, the file-size is massive overkill. Render another .mp4 from Videopad with different settings. Assuming you are using h.264, the file-size should be well under 3GB.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
what's the runtime on your fanedit, oso hombre?

Top Bottom