• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Question for all Mac Star Wars Fan Editors

i use fairmount to mount the dvd as a drive. then i use dvd2oneX to to extract the vobs.
i use "movie only" mode and under settings i select DVD-DL for the higher quality. also you can select the audio, etc.
you must have VLC. i usually have it open for good luck.

Victory is mine! At least so far. The winner was OSEx, I tried a few settings until I found one that produced a single VOB of the main title only, then ran it through freestream and bam!

I'll do a test compress and dvd burn to confirm that the initial RIP and conversion maintained quality, but I think I've finally turned the corner.

I cannot thank you enough for your help and guidance. Now the real, but fun work begins.

TV Frink, I'm coming for you.

EDIT: Confirmed, final output looks great!

L8wrtr said:
TV Frink, I'm coming for you.
I'm nearly done with Spence EP 2, so I'm bored. Bring it!

Ah, I remember all these same problems. Thank goodness you got help, though, cause it was so long ago I didn't remember the solutions.

It's good to hear about some new software, though.

Thanks 12 point. I'm a complete noob so I had a pretty steep learning curve, it was maddening. There are a whole slew of synchronization issues that I was dealing with before I ever found this place.
The funny thing is that the software that really made it work was a totally archaic ripper that I had abandoned because it's documentation was so poor. It was only after using more 'sophisticated' rippers that were well documented that I figured out the options of OSEx and how it would work. But it's been good learning curve. Failure is the best teacher. I'm working on my Masters apparently.

Now I see that you're working on the prequel as well. It will be interesting to see what you do with it! I've only ever seen Mike Nichols' and Adywan's work. I've been trying to avoid other faneditors work on SW too keep my work as original as possible, but I'd love to discuss what the point of your edits are if you're interested sometime.

You just reminded me, are you planning on creating your own uploads? go the whole RapidShare way? If so, then you might as well get started figuring things out now.

You don't have to. You could also send your dvd to a friendly uploader who would take care of it for you. the only drawback is that you lose control of your files and also can't monitor number of downloads etc.

But there's a learning curve as well for distribution and I'm just giving you a heads up.

That is a great question and I've been rooting around the site today as a matter of fact trying to get a feel for it. I've never ventured into RapidShare or any other online sharing systems previously, it was always intimidating to me. But then again, 6 months ago I'd never ripped a movie or edited it.
I have a good friend who has volunteered to make my edits available, but I can't deny I'm interested in having control and freedom over my files personally.

I appreciate the heads-up and will begin researching that as well. I'm sure questions will ensue.

Back
Top Bottom