• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Quantic Dream PS3 Tech Demo "KARA"

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
pretty cool, even if its not a game.

That would work pretty well as a radio play, which says something about the quality of the script and voice acting.

That worked very well. I enjoyed that more than some recent films.

Brumous said:
That would work pretty well as a radio play, which says something about the quality of the script and voice acting.

I just wish David Cage could maintain that level of quality over an entire game. I hear Fahrenheit/ Indigo Prophecy is ace, but I haven't played it. I'm very familiar with Heavy Rain though, and the script needed more work. The voice acting was laughable in places too. Too many dodgy American accents by non American actors.

booshman said:
I just wish David Cage could maintain that level of quality over an entire game. I hear Fahrenheit/ Indigo Prophecy is ace, but I haven't played it. I'm very familiar with Heavy Rain though, and the script needed more work. The voice acting was laughable in places too. Too many dodgy American accents by non American actors.

This is something that I've never been able to understand. I haven't played "Heavy Rain", but I'm an American, and I can't spot a Canadian by her or his accent; I've also watched an anime called "Angel Cop" with Brits doing American accents, and nothing seemed out of place to me.

I Loved Heavy Rain and i can't wait for what they are planning next. If their next game is anything similar to that tech demo.... Where can i place my pre-order???? I am excited!

Mark Moore said:
This is something that I've never been able to understand. I haven't played "Heavy Rain", but I'm an American, and I can't spot a Canadian by her or his accent; I've also watched an anime called "Angel Cop" with Brits doing American accents, and nothing seemed out of place to me.

I'll give you that, I've met a few Canadians who were non too impressed when I asked them where in the US they are from. I think the problem is that I'm too familiar with the accents of English people (being one myself). So when someone is trying to cover theirs up, they have to do a bloody good job or I'll spot it. For a game, there's a lot more dialogue than in a movie, so far more opportunity for them to slip up.

Some actors are really good at American accents, The main cast members of Heavy Rain are not.

Canadians do not have accents, its the rest of the world that has the accents :p

Here are some other interesting facts about canada you may not be aware of:
Our beer is better. (im right about this).
FARGO might have taken place in canada if it weren't for the violence; people only go through wood chippers accidentally in canada.
Whale's hunt human for sport in canada, on horseback, with wifi.
Most people won't tell you this because theyre too hammered, but the real starfleet headquarters is located in autowah.
George Washington was Canadian, so was Plato, Arnold Schwarzeneggar was born in Canada but raised in Australia.
The Enterprise was assembled single handedly with the Canadian arm.
The Bigfoot are a nomadic tribe of Vikings who fly concrete Pterodactyl's under a full moon, they chose Vancouver island as there home in 1999.
Our garbage cans shoot the garbage into space for safety.
We have real Unicorns in canada.
Insects bite you when you go camping in canada, but its only because they want your blood, so what you do is: whenever you go camping in canada you must remember to slay a THEM! and where its head on your belt sort of like a Trophee (but its just for show), that will scare off the other insects for the rest of your camping trip. Plus the carcass of a THEM! makes a good base for a makeshift tent if you have some extra duct tape.
Most people suck at driving in Canada, its because of the magnetic plates in the roads, put there for safety after the roads kept swerving from under peoples cars.
They filmed First Blood in canada.

But back to the quantic dream thing, when does the actual game come out?

Rogue-theX said:
Canadians do not have accents, its the rest of the world that has the accents :p

Here are some other interesting facts about canada you may not be aware of:
Our beer is better. (im right about this).
FARGO might have taken place in canada if it weren't for the violence; people only go through wood chippers accidentally in canada.
Whale's hunt human for sport in canada, on horseback, with wifi.
Most people won't tell you this because theyre too hammered, but the real starfleet headquarters is located in autowah.
George Washington was Canadian, so was Plato, Arnold Schwarzeneggar was born in Canada but raised in Australia.
The Enterprise was assembled single handedly with the Canadian arm.
The Bigfoot are a nomadic tribe of Vikings who fly concrete Pterodactyl's under a full moon, they chose Vancouver island as there home in 1999.
Our garbage cans shoot the garbage into space for safety.
We have real Unicorns in canada.
Insects bite you when you go camping in canada, but its only because they want your blood, so what you do is: whenever you go camping in canada you must remember to slay a THEM! and where its head on your belt sort of like a Trophee (but its just for show), that will scare off the other insects for the rest of your camping trip. Plus the carcass of a THEM! makes a good base for a makeshift tent if you have some extra duct tape.
Most people suck at driving in Canada, its because of the magnetic plates in the roads, put there for safety after the roads kept swerving from under peoples cars.
They filmed First Blood in canada.

But back to the quantic dream thing, when does the actual game come out?

I clicked "Like" on this post.

Back on topic now, here is a behind the scenes for those interested:
index=85&feature=plpp_video[/video]

awesome making of video. thanks for sharing that!

Back
Top Bottom