• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

quality region-free blu-ray players

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For the second time I just bought a secondhand dvd without checking the region, only to find it not working on my shitty old (10+ years by now) Toshiba blu ray player. I need to find a cheap region free (or at least region 2) player. I don't know where to begin looking for one. Right now buying stuff in person is preferable. Is there a good way to tell that a player is region free just by looking at it (unboxed)? I have no idea what I'm doing.

The majority of DVD players are easily unlocked to play any region with a simple button combination. A quick Google will likely sort you out. Blu-rays are a different matter and that would require a proper region free player (to my knowledge).

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The majority of DVD players are easily unlocked to play any region with a simple button combination. A quick Google will likely sort you out. Blu-rays are a different matter and that would require a proper region free player (to my knowledge).
For the time being I'm only concerned about being able to play dvds. Good to know that I'd have better luck with a dvd player than a blu ray player. I do have a combo vcr/dvd player on hand, but no remote for it so that doesn't help.

One of my region 2 dvds is rather a 3 disc set, and for some reason the second disc does actually work. Very strange.

Top Bottom