• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Q (a Tool sync)

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
q_front.jpg

Full edit:

Fanedit name: Q
Faneditor name: Neglify
Fanedit type: Shorts

Original movie title: The Tree of Life
Original release date: 2011
Original running time: 139 minutes
Fanedit running time: 12 minutes

Brief Synopsis:

This is the creation and eventual destruction of the universe. With music by Tool.

Intention:

Terrence Malick’s original idea for “Tree of Life” was a project called “Qasida,” or “Q” for short. It was to be a story about the origins of life and featured a “sleeping god, underwater, dreaming of the origins of the universe, starting with the big bang and moving forward, as fluorescent fish swam into the deity’s nostrils.” I wasn’t trying to recreate this idea, as that would be too difficult. So I figured I’d just use the trippy parts of “Tree of Life” and sync it up to some Tool.

Tool’s album “10000 Days” has a hidden track, go Google it if you don’t know anything. It’s a pretty awesome track and it seemed to fit well with the visuals.

Edit Details:

Cut down “Tree of Life” to focus just on the creation and destruction of the universe. Overlaid Tool tracks and synced myself. The sync I made differs slightly from the ones you’ll find on YouTube.

Additional notes:

It is strongly suggested you watch this twice. The first time without lyrics (on Vimeo or DVD) and then with lyrics (on DVD). And smoke a joint or two.

Other Sources:

“The Fountain” for a couple shots.

Release Details:

DVD5, MP4 (Vimeo)

Special Features:

DVD: Optional lyrics subtitles. (This can be found on the disc “Neglify Shorts Volume 1”.)

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For a minute I thought you were calling [MENTION=8530]Q2[/MENTION] a tool.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
For a minute I thought you were calling Q2 a tool.

Eh... I've been called worse.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rebue posted on I Eff yo' DooBie:

Guitars power the universe. Neglify shows us how.

Enjoyjoy: 10 cosmic thrusts

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the journey, fly neg. it's like a companion piece to mask's cosmogynist.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ssj said:
Thanks for the journey, fly neg. it's like a companion piece to mask's cosmogynist.

Ha. I asked TMBTM to put it as a special feature on Comosgony, he declined.

But to be fair, he said no because this short was made for a blueyoda project and Mask didn't want to step on blue's toes.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I also made a 23 minutes short fanedit with underwater footages with music for Blueyoda. But since it's taking forever for the blue man to use it I suppose I'm gonna realise it one of these days like you've just did.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fanedit custody issues. At least no lawyers appear to be involved. :-D

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
I also made a 23 minutes short fanedit with underwater footages with music for Blueyoda. But since it's taking forever for the blue man to use it I suppose I'm gonna realise it one of these days like you've just did.

Sweet, I'd love to see you release yours. And if blue's project comes back to life we'll just make new shorts.

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is awesome. 46 & 2 thumbs up.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
wayne.workman2012 said:
I enjoyed this a lot, especially with lyrics turned on.

Awesome! Glad you liked it so much. Did you watch the other 2 shorts on the disc or just this one?

wayne.workman2012

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Awesome! Glad you liked it so much. Did you watch the other 2 shorts on the disc or just this one?

I did watch schism (is that spelled right?) and it was very interesting. I liked the editing at the end where the clouds covered everything but gun fire.

Didn't watch animals yet. The girl friend hasn't seen the original so plans to watch the first one are under way.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the review [MENTION=17386]Vultural[/MENTION]! Glad you enjoyed it. :) I'm curious if you watched it with the lyrics turned on or off.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Thanks for the review Vultural! Glad you enjoyed it. :) I'm curious if you watched it with the lyrics turned on or off.

Off. I know myself. I would treat them like subtitles and end up reading instead of watching.
I try to adhere to "show don't tell" adage.

Top Bottom