• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Prometheus - Special Edition - an Agent 9 Fanedit

Agent9

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Prometheus Special Edition
A New Edit by Agent 9

New Original Trailer - Made for the Edit.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is this available?

Agent9

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Soon yes... Uploading everything to MEGA tonight and tomorrow... So should be available very soon.
only available in:
1080p - 10000mbit - MP4
1080p & 1080p 3D - 25000mbit BluRay

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
Is this available?

Edit info has been submitted to IFDB and will be released this upcoming week.

Agent9

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bah, Youtube blocked my Sneek Peek video... I'll repost on vimeo with a PW.

leeroy

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wow what a trailer, it got my attention with the deleted scenes being polished / finished

could you maybe re-edit the first page and go into a little more detail as to what you've changed to the film?

Agent9

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
here's the sneek peek.... again..

p/w is: fanedit

Agent9

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
leeroy said:
wow what a trailer, it got my attention with the deleted scenes being polished / finished

could you maybe re-edit the first page and go into a little more detail as to what you've changed to the film?

ya I"ll post that information soon, I just have to go through it and make sure its all up to date...

jerick

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That trailer looks absolutely awesome, I'm looking forward to seeing another Promethius edit.

About the "Sneek Peek" Will there be additional sound effects in the final product? Seems like the door opening sound was nearly silent when The Engineer first walked in and when he first touched the chandelier there should be bit of sound there. Also you can probably get rid of the first shot of the girl playing the violin, it becomes redundant since it is shown again when The Engineer enters the room.

Anyway keep up the good work!

Agent9

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jerick said:
That trailer looks absolutely awesome, I'm looking forward to seeing another Promethius edit.

About the "Sneek Peek" Will there be additional sound effects in the final product? Seems like the door opening sound was nearly silent when The Engineer first walked in and when he first touched the chandelier there should be bit of sound there. Also you can probably get rid of the first shot of the girl playing the violin, it becomes redundant since it is shown again when The Engineer enters the room.

Anyway keep up the good work!

hehehe, some of the audio doesn't fall through to well on Vimeo, but it is there.. I wanted it faint, since its in the background and also behind another door (in reference to the opening sound), the chandelier I did add some, but your right I probably should of added a bit more.
funny you should mention that, I was thinking of getting rid of the violin shot, and then I ended up leaving it, watching the edit on Blu-Ray to see how everything was, and I said hmmm it wasn't too terrible but I could cut it...then I still didn't... haha..... Maybe I'll go back and fix a few things someday, but for the moment, that's how its releasing..

and thanks much, I appreciate it..

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congrats Agent9, loved the trailer! And you did effects work? awesome. Looks worthy of a watch for sure, will check it out soon. :)

Agent9

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
njvc said:
Congrats Agent9, loved the trailer! And you did effects work? awesome. Looks worthy of a watch for sure, will check it out soon. :)

Thx so much njvc and yes I did everything.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This one of the best trailers for a fanedit that I've seen. :flame:

Agent9

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:

Wow, Thx you so much TMBTM, very nice of you to say that. I just hope people enjoy the edit, it was a lot of work to get what I wanted, but it was a labor of love.

JetSetWilly

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
WOW! A-f**king-mazing trailer! It's got me as psyched as I was when I saw the first ever trailer for the original studio cut. And, kudos on completing the special effect shots.

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just saw the edit:
First, I must say that I really like the theatrical cut of Prometheus.
Now, on this fanedit:
It was really good, all the new and altered scenes are a great addition to this movie.
Especialy the new prologue with the TED conference, more character developpement on Vicker and the captain, and the extended combat against the engineer.
The work on this is really amazing, all those new effects are awesome!

Now, I got some nickpicking to do. First is the original prologue with the engineer that was totaly cut. I think it's a very important scene to explain more proprieties of the black goo, but I agree the the TED conference is a better prologue.

Also, some deleted stuffs like Weyland being "dead", Vicker and the captain sexual relationship (It even made more sense with all this new character developpement), and most of the mentions of Shaw's father were not necessary , but I don't understand why they were cut.
The scenes with her father are not very important, but I think that most of David's obsession/curiosity about Shaw got cut right along and those were a part of his character.
All the Millburn/Fifield scenes that got removed was done masterfully. In this version they are not fleeing back to the ship and got lost, they are just exploring another area and got left behind. Great editing on this.

In conclusion, a powerful edit that hold strong in a standalone watch. But as a adaptation of Ridley Scott's work, it lost some of it's meaning like the proprieties of the black goo and the character of David.
It was so close to become my definitive version of Prometheus
Fanedit: 9.5/10
Audio: 10/10
Video: 11/10 (I just wish I had a Bluray burner)
----------------
Vonmalvarius

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:

I have to agree with TMBTM. That is an awesome trailer! Going to grab this now. I was really, really let down with Prometheus. I want a version I can enjoy. Hopefully this does the trick :)

Top Bottom