• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Prometheus - Extended Edition

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've just done a little project in last few days:

Faneditor Name: Gieferg
Original Movie Title: Prometheus
Genre: sci-fi
Fanedit Type: extended edition
Original release date: 2012
Original Running Time: 125
Fanedit Release Date: 11.2014
Fanedit Running Time: 145

Intention - that's simple - to create an extended version, using as much of deleted scenes as possible with just simple editorial tools (no wire removal, no fixing CGI).

Changes:

- All deleted & alternate scenes added with exception of those parts with unfinished CGI*
- Ted talk added after prologue and before cave scene.
- contrast & colors of everything boosted up a bit

* For example Shaw Vs. Engineer is included but the part with visible wire is edited out. There's also one moment in the movie where I left unifinished scene in. It was a mistake, but I've realized too late to fix it, so you may find out by yourself what error it is.

It is available as mpeg2 encoded blu-ray (ISO file; 22,1 GB) with ac3 192 kbps stereo audio (added scenes were in stereo, so whole edit is in stereo, I dont have 5.1 equipment, can't check if the transitions from 2.0 to 5.1 are ok, and I dont really care for 5.1 sound.

For some reason Vegas crashed every 2 minutes when i was working on this, so it's just basic edit, no advanced and complicated operations were taken.

I know this a long time after this has been posted, but I've always wanted to make this cut. Seems like you beat me to it.
The only thing that I would have done (wouldn't have thought to have done) would have to but back in the TED talk and the re-colourization.

Back
Top Bottom