• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Problems with Womble MPEG Video Wizard (missing clips)

Realbmansweden

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi there, to make a long story ehh shorter:

i downloaded wbp and installed it, then i dragged the movie to the start-icon (Womble MPEG Video Wizard), it started, and i saw the movie in the left window of the program, i made edits and/or cuts for 5 hours in that movie (like 20 cuts or so)
I can watch the whole movie in the left window, with all my cuts made
but now i cant save i any way.......
when i take "save as" it want to save in wbp (project file) and when i right-click that one after i saved it and choose "export" it says "there are missing clips in the project, correct them first"....

what am im doing wrong?
all i want is to cut some scenes from a movie and then save the movie in its original format (but without the cutted scenes of course)...like when you cut in an audiofile in soundforge for example....

do i need to do anything else before i cut?
do i need to open the mpeg file in the program in any other way than just drag and drop?
do i need to do anything else to start the editing?
what am i missing here?....

help me, im going insane here....

Update, ok so i now got the edited video in the left screen of Womble, all the cuts are where they should be, and when i press play there i see the movie edited as i want it,but when i take "export" it exports the whole movie unedited in som weird way ....

how do i get my edited version from the left screen (input) via the right screen (output) in womble to a save in the same format as the original,
or directly to a save file in the same format as the original...

Hi!

I did the same thing at first when using Womble. But alas, that is not the way.

Below the input / output windows you should have several open rows, going from left to right.
The top one has a video camera on it, the second a 'T'.

The video files you wish to edit should be placed here. Drag them from their saved location into the right row.
Top one for video, third one for audio.

Now with the files there you can start editing, on the timeline itself. This is actually much easier than what you can do in the left input window!

Hope this gets you started in the right place now. Be well, and may all your edits be hits :)

spelledaren said:
Hi!

I did the same thing at first when using Womble. But alas, that is not the way.

Below the input / output windows you should have several open rows, going from left to right.
The top one has a video camera on it, the second a 'T'.

The video files you wish to edit should be placed here. Drag them from their saved location into the right row.
Top one for video, third one for audio.

Now with the files there you can start editing, on the timeline itself. This is actually much easier than what you can do in the left input window!

Hope this gets you started in the right place now. Be well, and may all your edits be hits :)

heh i just solved it by left-clicking in the left screen of womble and drag it to the bar beneath and then click make dvd, but by some odd reason it took the edited movie like 3 times then (about 8 gig) but i then cutted to its original size (2.63gig) afterwards in dvdshrink, so now i just have to make the sound-edits in soundforge and then burn it to a dvd....

But i still think the quality is lowered, even though i save "as original format" and it is a mpeg2 with the same settings afterwards...just weird....

And i guess i will be editing like hell from now on.,..so whats the next step?

Back
Top Bottom