• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Problems with Disney DVD

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Why are Disney DVDs so difficult to rip or even play on a computer?

I put THE ROCKETEER into my computer to start my next project, but my computer will not even recognize it, never mind rip it. It just spins around in the iMac drive for a minute and then spits it out. I have had this issue with certain other Disney dvds in the past.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
Why are Disney DVDs so difficult to rip or even play on a computer?

I put THE ROCKETEER into my computer to start my next project, but my computer will not even recognize it, never mind rip it. It just spins around in the iMac drive for a minute and then spits it out. I have had this issue with certain other Disney dvds in the past.

Get a cheap external USB DVD drive. I use one all the time just for ripping because my Sony-Viao BR-Drive frequently decides it doesn't like the look of certain DVDs.

...and Rocketeer yay!

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Disney probably includes a lot of auto-run software on their DVDs for interactive bonus material. Your Mac may not like that.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have trouble ripping disney discs as well, sometimes the only way to get the footage is to record it with vlc. My rocketeer disc is also screwey, won't play the scenes in the dinner/dance hall place where Rocketeer flys indoors with the jetpack. And it's letterboxed. Kick ass colors tho.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just tried my copy and it loaded up fine. Had no trouble ripping it either.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You mean the Rocketeer blu-ray, surely? As I recall, the only dvd release looks like total ass. :p

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Get a cheap external USB DVD drive. I use one all the time just for ripping because my Sony-Viao BR-Drive frequently decides it doesn't like the look of certain DVDs.

...and Rocketeer yay!

I will have to go price one out at Best Buy this weekend. So maybe The Rocketeer Strikes will fly after all.....?

It's still weird. I played and ripped John Carter dvd with no issues at all and it is a brand new dvd. My Rocketeer dvd must be at least 5 years old, you would think it wouldn't be a problem.....

And yes [MENTION=6357]Gaith[/MENTION], dvd not blu-ray... sorry mate. But it would be Black and White in the fan edit anyways... lol.

Top Bottom