• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Problems rendering Sony AVC video in Vegas Pro 10.0c

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been having a crapload of problems with trying to render Sony AVC video in Vegas 10 and for the life of me, I can't figure out what the hell's the issue: for the first 30-35 minutes of the video, everything's fine and the video is clear, detailed, and without issues, but as soon as the video closes between 36-40 minutes of footage, the video becomes extremely pixilated and unclear. Rendering the video in 20-30 minute blocks doesn't have this problem, it only occurs if the video is close to or longer than 40 minutes.

The closest piece of information that I can find on this problem is that there was a video rendering issue with Sony AVC files in Vegas 10.0b, but I have the more recent 10.0c update (which was suppose to fix this issue, but apparently not with me...). Any ideas?

I think I had some minor issues at first, but I was able to get successful renders. Like the mpg encoding engine though, encoding to AVC didn't produce the best quality either. I have gotten fantastic results saving as lagarith AVI (same as my input) and encoding with x264 using MeGUI. No problems, beautiful quality.

When you say "saving as Lagarith AVI" do you mean that you encode as Lagarith and then encode again with MeGUI?

yes. "Render As..." This will encode to lagarith. If your project is set up properly, Vegas will take advantage of smart rendering where possible (frames that do not have any effect). Which doesn't matter much for quality, since its all lossless, but it does speed up the process dramatically.

ThrowgnCpr said:
I think I had some minor issues at first, but I was able to get successful renders. Like the mpg encoding engine though, encoding to AVC didn't produce the best quality either. I have gotten fantastic results saving as lagarith AVI (same as my input) and encoding with x264 using MeGUI. No problems, beautiful quality.
Been testing this method for the last few days: the whole color correction of x264 and "Studio RGB Vs. PC RGB" aspects of both the software and the conversion process sorta threw me for a loop at first, but figured it out in the end and am now producing excellent x264 video files now.
Thanks for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom