• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

PRISON BREAK - The Movies - Episode 1-3 by CBB

If you have watched these fanedits, please rate them here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • 9 stars

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 8 stars

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 7 stars

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 6 stars (average)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What is it about: This turns the first 7 episodes of the TV show PRISON BREAK into a 2h movie experience. Fast. Thrilling. Suspenseful. Escaping from a maximum security prison was never smarter, leaner, more dangerous and more genius.

preview_prisonbreakmovie_one_by_boon23.jpg.jpg

original film name:
Prison Break (episodes 1-7)
new film name : Prison Break - The Movie - Episode 1
film studio name : 20th Century Fox Television
edit crew name : CBB
Date Original Film Was Released : 2005/2006
Date Edit Was Released : May, 2008
Original Runtime : 7x42 min aka 294 min
New Runtime : 136 min
Amount of time Cut/Added : about 160 minutes cut

watch a 10 minutes preview:
http://uploaded.to/?id=0l1ydq

Fanedit details:
"Break in - break out - save your brother's life." Season One of Prison Break was a huge success as a TV show, most
of all because of the very thrilling and unique way it was told. The show constantly switches between the inside of a maximum security prison, where Michael Scofield tries to break out his brother using incredible wits and a fantastic plan, and the outside world, in which a huge conspiracy about the murdering of the vice president's brother is revealed.
The fanedit contains the first 7 episodes and tells the story from inside the prison as if it was a movie. To create this not just as a condensed and way too compressed version, the entire conspiracy theme was dropped. I took extra care to find out, what is unnecessary for the flow and what is needed, so the movie can be continued with episode 2 at some day. The mass of changes makes this a rather different watching experience, especially because the episodic feel of the show is gone and many side plots are told differently. This also means, you cannot switch between the movies and the original show.
The timing of the movie is quite different. The TV show switches between inside and outside the prison all the time, which means that there can easily be a lot of jumps between days. In the movie this would have felt choppy, so I tried to add more plot to each day, combine scenes that were actually happening on different days. The result is a much more on the escape focused plot. I also cut a lot of delay features, which were necessary for the episodes, but would have just increased the length of the movie.
I would have loved to get rid of a lot more things, but had to consider the other 15 episodes and all the people involved in the escape. An example for that is the Pugnac scene, which would have been dropped if it wasn't for C-Note's appearance.
On a further note I should tell that the scenes I cut are not at all bad. The show is fantastic and a lot of good stuff ended on the cutting room floor for pacing reasons.

The changes:
- the conspiracy plot is gone. Veronica appears as the attorney in the beginning, but that's about it. All her investigating is removed, as well as agent Kellerman's trying to prevent it. All the interactions between Veronica and the prison as well as Kellerman and the prison are gone, as they would have made no sense anymore.
- the governor is removed. Governor Tancredi, father of Sarah, is quite important in the show, since he has the possibility to stop Lincoln Burrow's execution. But since this never happens and all the interactions between him and Sarah lead nowhere, his part is dropped (at least in Episode 1). This meant especially in the revolt to remove him from interacting, which worked really well. It now seems as if everything was planned the way it went.
- Abruzzi under pressure from the family is gone. Abruzzi had quite a lot of contact with mob members as visitors, who try to enforce him getting information from Michael Scofield. None of that was needed for his motivation.
- Marie Cruz dropped. Yes, Sucre loves his Marie Cruz, but even in the first seven episodes, this side plot is dragging. All I needed for Sucre's motivation was his cousin telling Sucre that Marie Cruz is now with him. And it works really well.
- LJ Burrows is history. In the movie there is no mentioning that Lincoln has a son at all. LJ's scenes were not needed for anything to support the plot.
- no cell test. Sucre gets tested for his loyalty by Michael in the show. This is done via a fake cell phone.Unfortunately this entire plot was rather weak and also had a flaw to it, since Sucre suddenly was in P.I.,
but at that time it would have been very unlikely. When he rejoins the escapees, his appearance in P.I. makes sense. To still have Michael ask Sucre about the escape plan, I had to rearrange a complete scene, split it, so it shows a development. It is short but really works kind of well.
- Haywire and the toothpaste, shortened. The appearance of Haywire was something I would have loved to drop, but since he is one of the escapees later on, it had to be there. I cut as much as possible from these long scenes that did not really support the plot, especially the part about the stolen toothpaste. Michael for sure could have toothpaste on his own and would not need to steal Haywire's.
- T-Bag's overacting. Quite a lot T-Bag's scenes were toned down, because they were just too much. Robert Knepper is a good actor and he is for sure one of the most important characters of the show, but he tends to act a bit too mad at times. His scenes work well in the show, but in the movie, where less time passes between them, they seemed too much.
- Lincoln Burrows assassination, his past and other scenes. Lincoln is of course very important for the show, still his actor's skills are not always the best. He switches between madman, sadman and slugger. I toned his scenes down, so he is more serious and bitter. The assassination plot is part of the conspiracy and had to go therefore. Several discussions of Lincoln with Pope, with Veronica and LJ were also not necessary for the movie.
- the revolt. The revolt, which is the biggest part of the Episode One movie, is a double episode in the original show. I cut a lot scenes to increase the pacing and remove the episodic feel, especially in the "Sarah locked up at sickbay" scenes, which were just too much. The ones I used were placed in a different order and at different times in the movie.

DVD DETAILS
136 minutes NTSC 1.78:1 anamorphic widescreen with AC3-5.1 audio
LANGUAGES : ENGLISH (5.1), no subtitles
MENUS : still with sound / animated transitions
SCENE SELECTION : yes
CBB OVERVIEW : yes, for all 26 fanedits
COVER&Disc ART : yes, on DVD-Rom part

Your intention for this fanedit:
I am a true fan of Season One of Prison Break. Still I hardly ever watch the entire show, because it is that long. I find the idea of a TV show being turned to a movie fascinating and this show seemed perfect to try that, so I could enjoy it in an acceptable amount of time and maybe even very different to the original show.
My goal was to create an action and suspense filled movie about a genius attempt to break out of a maximum security prison.

Your way to achieve your intention:
At first my idea was to make ONE movie out of the entire first season, but this did not work, because too much important plot was involved to make the final escape happen. Characters needed introduction and interaction. Side plots were necessary for the main plot. So I decided to create more than one movie and put in each of them as much as possible to a) create an entertaining, fast paced movie and b) stay true to the show.
It was very difficult to achieve this for several reasons:
1) the show is heavily scored. If you cut somewhere, you always have to re-arrange or sometimes even create a new score to make it fit to the previous scene. Luckily I own the soundtrack and it sure helped a lot.
2) a TV show blends in the credits, when the show is running. Several scenes could not be dropped, where the credits are displayed.
3) TV shows air as episodes, which means that every episode has a beginning and an end, is a complete watching experience. In a movie it feels really strange, if it has an episodic touch. To get a continuity of the plot meant a lot of rearranging and sometimes restructuring of the scenes. I used quite some of the transitions that the show also uses, but a lot less of them.

Hardware and software information:
Hardware:
Windows XP computer
with an X2 6000 dual core cpu
and 4 GB of RAM on an ASUS board

Software:
Womble MPEG DVD Wizard
Ulead Media Studio Pro 8.0
Vegas Video 7.0
Cinema Craft Encoder
Cinematize Pro
Virtual Dub
Adobe Audition 1.5
Pro Show Producer
Jasc Paint Shop Pro
PhotoZoom Pro2
DVD Lab Pro 1.52
Cyberlink Power DVD
Irfan View
PGCDemux
AnyDVD

Time needed for the edition:
half a year of planning (on and off), 1 week of editing (video and audio) and 1 day for cover art and DVD authoring.

persons involved:
just me, me, me.

thank you:
AvP, Winnie,Nono, Heinrich, ThrowgnCpr

Disclaimer:
you must own the original DVDs of the TV show to legally watch this. This fanedited DVD must not be bought or sold. All rights remain with the original production companies.

Episode 2:

What is it about:
This turns the episodes 8 -14 of the TV show PRISON BREAK into a 2h movie experience, as a sequel to PRISON BREAK THE MOVIE EPISODE 1. Fast. Thrilling. Suspenseful. Escaping from a maximum security prison was never smarter, leaner, more dangerous and more genius.

original film name: Prison Break (episodes 8-14)
new film name : Prison Break - The Movie - Episode 2
Date Edit Was Released : September, 2008
Original Runtime : 7x42 min aka 294 min
New Runtime : 128 min
Amount of time Cut/Added : about 160 minutes cut

Fanedit details:
"Break in - break out - save your brother's life." Season One of Prison Break was a huge success as a TV show, most
of all because of the very thrilling and unique way it was told. The show constantly switches between the inside of
a maximum security prison, where Michael Scofield tries to break out his brother using incredible wits and a
fantastic plan, and the outside world, in which a huge conspiracy about the murdering of the vice president's
brother is revealed.
The fanedit contains the episodes 8 - 14 and tells the story from inside the prison as if it was a movie. To create
this not just as a condensed and way too compressed version, the entire conspiracy theme was dropped. I took extra
care to find out, what is unnecessary for the flow and what is needed, so the movie can be continued with episode 3
at some day. The mass of changes makes this a rather different watching experience, especially because the episodic
feel of the show is gone and many side plots are told differently. This also means, you cannot switch between the
movies and the original show.
The timing of the movie is quite different. The TV show switches between inside and outside the prison all the time,
which means that there can easily be a lot of jumps between days. In the movie this would have felt choppy, so I
tried to add more plot to each day, combine scenes that were actually happening on different days. The result is a
much more on the escape focused plot. I also cut a lot of delay features, which were necessary for the episodes, but
would have just increased the length of the movie.
I would have loved to get rid of a lot more things, but had to consider the last 8 episodes and all the people
involved in the escape. An example for that is the watch snatching scene, which would have been dropped if it wasn't for Tweener's involvement.
On a further note I should tell that the scenes I cut are not at all bad. The show is fantastic and a lot of good
stuff ended on the cutting room floor for pacing reasons.

The changes:
- the conspiracy plot is gone. completely. vanished. non existing. This also means there could be no execution of Lincoln to be prevented by his father. In order to achieve that all references about timing and when the execution is really happening are changed or gone. This gives us plenty of time for the final escape.him from interacting, which worked really well. It now seems as if everything was planned the way it went.
- Abruzzi under pressure from the family is again gone. This time he was forced to step down and lose P.I. for being unable to retrieve the information about Febonacci from Scofield. In the end these problems are solved by getting rid of the mob boss, but none of that happens in the movie as it was just long and did not result in any big changes.
- no investigation by Bellick. In these episodes Bellick is quite keen on finding out stuff about Scofield. However, it is not good enough nor necessary for the movie.
- no LJ Burrows. As int he first movie: Lincoln does not have a son, or if he does, he is never mentioned.
- no drama with Sarah: finally Prison Break went soap opera. The drama between the jealous Sarah Tankredi and Michael Scofield was really annoying and had to go.
- no photo of Bob. Bob, the murdered guard, left a photo of his daughter, which I forgot to include inthe first movie. Sicne it was nto there, it could not be referred to in the 2nd movie, so I had to work around it to let the setup happen.
- no Lincoln alone in his cell. Since the execution was so close, these epsiodes quite spend a lot of time with Licnold worrying about his son and about his life. Since there is no execution these scenes became redundant.
- no sex scene between the guard and the secretary in the storage room. The scene was rather useless.
- a few dropped Tweener scenes, because he is not that important in the 2nd movie.
- a lot less discussion about Michael Scofield's wife. He married her so she could get a green card and he could get a credit card. How nice of him. That's it.
- Mary Cruz is gone again. Sucre had enough reason to break out before the scenes in these episodes.
- lots of other minor changes and re-arrangements to let more things happen on less days.

DVD DETAILS
128 minutes NTSC 1.78:1 anamorphic widescreen with AC3-5.1 audio
CBB OVERVIEW : yes, for all 26 fanedits
PREVIOUSLY...
EASTEREGG

To continue the great thrill ride of Prison Break Episode 1 with a worthy sequel that lead into the grand finale.

I had to take the score out of several scenes and to zoom into a lot of images when the credits were displayed for it to work as a movie.

Hardware:
Windows XP computer

Software:
Womble MPEG DVD Wizard
Vegas Video 7.0
Cinema Craft Encoder
Cinematize Pro
Virtual Dub
Adobe Audition 1.5
Pro Show Producer
Jasc Paint Shop Pro
PhotoZoom Pro2
DVD Lab Pro 1.52
Cyberlink Power DVD
Irfan View
PGCDemux
AnyDVD

3 months (on and off) for planning, 2 weeks of editing (video and audio) and 1 day for cover art and DVD authoring.

persons involved:
just me, me, me.

thank you:

AvP, Winnie, Nono, Mollo, ThrowgnCpr

Additional information links:
go to http://www.fanedit.org to comment on this fanedit
go to http://www.faneditforum.com to discuss this fanedit

Disclaimer:

you must own the original DVDs to legally watch this. This DVD must not be bought or sold. All rights remain with the
original production companies.

preview_pb2_by_boon23.jpg

PRISON BREAK - THE MOVIE - EPISODE 3

What is it about: This turns the final episodes 14-22 of the TV show PRISON BREAK season 1 into a 2h30 movie experience. The escape is finally happening.

original film name: Prison Break (episodes 14-22)
new film name :
Prison Break - The Movie - Episode 3
Date Edit Was Released : September, 2008
Original Runtime : 9x42 min aka 378 min
New Runtime : 153 min
Amount of time Cut/Added : about 225 minutes cut

Fanedit details:
After the first try to escape has failed, the team around Michael Scofield has to think of another way, but it's a suicide one. Time is never on their side and lots of things happen to prevent the escape.
Two new team members join the escape crew, Abruzzi returns from the hospital and Bellick clearly senses that something is going on. The finale Of Prison Break season 1 is one long lasting thrill ride. Creating a movie from these events required a lot of careful handling about what could be included into the plot and what not. Again a huge part of the original is the conspiracy, trying to blame Lincoln Burrows for a crime he did not commit. Most of these events take place outside of Fox River, but some directly affect the actions inside of the prison.
To create a working plot that continues the two other movies was a very difficult thing to do and required a lot of restructuring.
Episode 16 of season 1 is flashback episode showing the pasts of the escape crew, which was completely dropped. Episode 22 was all about the escape after the prison break. Only some very few elements of that were used, because I wanted to end the movie with the escape and not with a cliffhanger.
The most difficult part of the edit was about Sarah Tankredi. In The original show, she was given information about Lincoln's innocence, which then made her help Michael to go on with the escape. But since she never gained that knowledge in the movies, I was forced to find a very different way for the escape to succeed. In the end I actually prefer my way.
With 2h33 Episode 3 is rather long, but I could not drop much more without destroying the plot or the mood.

The changes:
- again all the conspiracy plot is completely gone. This also includes the meeting between Lincoln and his father and all the events around LJ Burrows.
- the flashback episode was removed
- the escape after the prison break is almost gone at all. There was too much drama in it and it all pointed towards a cliffhanger for season 2.
- the real estate events are kept very short. Geary tries to sell Scofield's cell, but C.Noe and T-Bag are not joining this stupid poker game in the prison kitchen.
- Sarah does not receive any information about Lincoln's innocence, so she also does not talk to her father about it.
- episode 15 about the execution that is prevented by Lincoln's father is completely removed
- Lincoln's dreams are gone
- several scenes about Michael's insanity were removed because they were over the top. If he was planning to be sent to psych ward, he would not have gone that far. Most of these scenes were meant to confuse the audience about Michael's state of mind.
- removed Sucre hiding from the guard, when he fills the hole. That scene was one of the typical "he almost got caught scenes" and felt a bit too much like a TV show.
- removed some of the scenes with Bellick and Tweeneer. There were too many of them.
- Michael just takes the pills in psych ward unlike in the original, where he starts a senseless discussion and is finally forced to take them.
- removed C-Note not getting his savings from his friends. He received a terrible beat-up for that as well (removed, but the bruises in his face clearly show in the movie, yet are not explained). Since I wanted to drop that stupid poker game, C-Note had to be able to get his money right ahead.
- reworked the scene with the stolen keys of Sarah. This time she does not have the lock exchanged. Toughest editing job for this movie. Sarah still acts cold towards Michael, but most of all, because he is behaving so strange. A lot of drama had to be removed, since her trust was not broken.
- added key scene, when the escapees approach the infirmary

DVD DETAILS
153 minutes NTSC 1.78:1 anamorphic widescreen with AC3-5.1 audio
ExTRAS: The ones you did not meet, PB movie quiz, easter egg (pretty hard to find)
CBB OVERVIEW : yes, for all 28 fanedits

I am a true fan of Season One of Prison Break. Still I hardly ever watch the entire show, because it is that long. I find the idea of a TV show being turned to a movie fascinating and this show seemed perfect to try that, so I could enjoy it in an acceptable amount of time and maybe even very different to the original show.
My goal was to create an action and suspense filled movie about a genius attempt to break out of a maximum security prison.

At first my idea was to make ONE movie out of the entire first season, but this did not work, because too much important plot was involved to make the final escape happen. Characters needed introduction and interaction. Side plots were necessary for the main plot. So I decided to create more than one movie and put in each of them as much as possible to a) create an entertaining, fast paced movie and b) stay true to the show.
It was very difficult to achieve this for several reasons:
1) the show is heavily scored. If you cut somewhere, you always have to re-arrange or sometimes even create a new score to make it fit to the previous scene. Luckily I own the soundtrack and it sure helped a lot.
2) a TV show blends in the credits, when the show is running. Several scenes could not be dropped, where the credits are displayed.
3) TV shows air as episodes, which means that every episode has a beginning and an end, is a complete watching experience. In a movie it feels really strange, if it has an episodic touch. To get a continuity of the plot meant a lot of rearranging and sometimes restructuring of the scenes. I used quite some of the transitions that the show also uses, but a lot less of them.

Hardware:
Windows XP computer

Software:
Womble MPEG DVD Wizard
Vegas Video 7.0
Cinema Craft Encoder
Cinematize Pro
Virtual Dub
Adobe Audition 1.5
Pro Show Producer
Jasc Paint Shop Pro
PhotoZoom Pro2
DVD Lab Pro 1.52
Cyberlink Power DVD
Irfan View
PGCDemux
AnyDVD

half a year of planning (on and off), 2 weeks of editing (video and audio) and 3 days for cover art and DVD authoring.

persons involved:

just me, me, me.

thank you:
AvP, Winnie,Nono, Heinrich, ThrowgnCpr

cover art by boon23 (download here):
preview_prisonbreak3_by_boon23.jpg

Maybe downloadable from Fanedit.info

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks boon!

Mollo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
boon,

I downloading this now but I want to qualify. I have never seen this show, not one episode, so I am assuming that your FanEdit should work as a stand-alone movie with no need for any reference to the original show?

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
of course, it works fully on it's own. No plot holes, no jumps, no conclusions to something that isn't shown. That is one of the intentions for this fanedit. There is no need to know anything about the show. All you need is to own the original DVDs. And I can recommend the entire show, especially season one, whole-heartedly. The imdb rating of 9.1 is not a joke. :)

daveytod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
looking forward to watching this one boon. Ive toyed with the idea of doing something similar for lost many times.

Just jumped on the torrent so we'll se how that goes.

by the way, are you actually planning on finishing this off, or is episode 1 just a one-off?

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
my wife loved my fanedit, so I am kind of obliged to finish this one off. :) She so wants to watch the rest of it.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So which Adam Sandler movie will you be turning into a Prison Break movie next? :p

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
How is the second episode coming along?

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey, didn't I have a post or three in this thread before? Where'd they go?

Anyway, I too was wondering if there are any updates to share on a possible second installment.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
no posts were deleted.
Episode 2 is IN THE WORKS.

agent956

Reaction score
Trophy Points
nice, downloading at the moment. like the first season alot, this should be fun.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Episode 2 is about to be finished soon.
I had a hard time working through the massive amount of plot and the connections to the outer world conspiracy. Also I had to get rid of a bunch of soap opera elements that are also present in this great show without losing the important content.
So after a lot of thinking, planning and restructuring I finally approach the end of what is going to be a worthy sequel to Prison Break Episode 1.
And to all those, who want to know: yes, there will be a third on to complete season 1.

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great news, boon. :) And you were able to leave in that stuff about Michael being super empathetic, right? That's the only thing I wondered about before. It's a small thing, but I always liked it, and it's a very telling character trait.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
you know your prison break, ripplin :) yes, that stayed. I liked it too and it meant depth to his character.

scooge

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think the only thing better than the massive amount of work boon's put into FE's websites...
is the Prison Break edit.

The first one made me really want the next. A real tightening and improvement of pace over the original series.

Now you say the 2nd is almost finished and the 3rd is in the works?!? :shock:

You, sir, are a prince among men.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bad news: PB2 has too many errors. My original NTSC DVDs are obviously some kind of fake, because this has never happened before. The current result came with jumps, bad picture quality for lots of frames. So I have re-ordered the DVDs and will start PB2 from scratch. At least I now know already how to pull it off.

InfoDroid

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Man, that would suck!

I never got a chance to see your first volume. I'd like to check it out. I've seen the first few episodes of the series and really liked it, but I have no idea how it all played out.

I must torrent this. :)

I love the idea of condensing entire seasons of TV shows into 2 hour movies. I'd like to try that with "Rome".

Mollo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
InfoDroid said:
I love the idea of condensing entire seasons of TV shows into 2 hour movies. I'd like to try that with "Rome".

That is a very good idea InfoDroid!

Top Bottom