• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

PRISON BREAK - The Movies - Episode 1-3 by CBB

If you have watched these fanedits, please rate them here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • 9 stars

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 8 stars

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 7 stars

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 6 stars (average)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
oh yes, I am still a fan and am still watching all of it. Though I consider all seasons after season 1 a lot weaker.
Yes, episode 3 was finished much faster than episode 2, most of all because I had to take a break from editing PRISON BREAK after Episode 1 and because of the major problems with Episode 2, when I had to buy season 1 again and redo the entire edit. After Episode 2 I just kept on editing as I was already in it and wanted to get it done.
There were two problematic scenes most of all, one because if I had used it, it would have increased the length by another 20 minutes without adding anything really interesting, and the other one, because it involved a plot that was caused by the conspiracy, which I could include that way.
An edit of season 2 would of course be possible, but it would not fit to the movies for season 1. There is no way to exclude the conspiracy from season 2.

check first post for all links.

Hey. I got some weird sound issues with episode 3.
One is around 1 hour and seven minutes, in Tankredi's office. When the nurse opens the door and walks in all sound went away for a few seconds. There were a couple more things like that, can't remember when right now.

Is this a burning flaw on my side, or has this happened to someone else?

Wonderful work on the series. Thanks Boon.
I liked the extra showing us the left out characters. The comments were spot on.

^I burned mine last night and hope to watch it today, so I'll let you know if I have a similar issue. *update* Just finished watching, and yeah, there were hiccups here and there. My player was acting funny at times. I may try burning it again and see if that copy will be better.

Anyway, great job, boon! The epilogue was really interesting, knowing what we do. ;) And it really is a shame Kellerman couldn't have been in it, as he was one of the most interesting villains in TV history. I feel the same way about Mahone. And judging by what happened to Mahone this week, things will continue to be interesting for him. :shock:

I have addressed and solved the issues, which came from using an audio file from a previous version and am uploading the new one currently to RS.
I don't know about that "player is acting funny" thing, but the few audio issues are no longer present.

links for version 2 of PB episode 3 are now up on RS. Check first post.
Unfortunately I will not be able to soon post a new torrent for this, so version 1 will stay there for a bit.

While Mollo raises some interesting, and valid points, I actually think this format improves the Prison Break experience. I'm in the same boat as Mollo, have never seen the the show, but picked up a copy of Season 1 and watched a few eps after watching Boon's cut. I think shortening it down to movie length is actually better for suspension of disbelief, as you don't really have time to question as many of these plausibilty issues. It is a little unbelievable of course, but face it, a network TV show is never going to be able to accurately depict prison life. If you're looking for that kind of program, I recommend Oz. But if your looking for fast paced escapism, you could do much worse than Boon's edit.

I got into it pretty quickly, the opening is a real grabber, and it was very well paced after that. Overall, an enjoyable "B" -type popcorn movie. Not an Oscar winner by any means, but way better than the average Michael Bay film for sure. This one is a good Saturday or Sunday afternoon watch.

Kudos to Boon for cutting this down to movie length without leaving any major points of the story out. After watching some of the original eps, I am duly impressed by this effort. Really quite the editing feat, especially considering the removal of the titles, etc. Also of note are the DVD menus, splendidly done. Studio quality there.

So overall, a fun watch, if you're not to fussy about the details of such a plan actually working. Although it did strain credulity on a few occasions, I was pretty entertained.

Quality of overall movie (plot, acting, etc.): 3.5
Quality of edit: 5
Quality of Dvd (image, menus): 5
Overall: 4

Nice work.

thank you for the nice review, jmb.

RS for all on linktalk

a 1.2 GB xvid avi of episode 1 can now be found on piratebay through BT

boon i just have to say that this is great. My wife is also a big fan of the show and she loved episode one. she told me i need to get on the ball and get the other 2 eps. you did. when we got the 1 st season i thought this show is pretty good and now that i've watched your edit, i have to say that i like it much better. can't wait to watch the next 2. thanks for all your hard you put into these. i will let you know what we thought of them soon.

thank you, donnieX, I am happy your wife and you were able to enjoy it. :)

xvid for episode 2 is now available on piratebay

You getting carried away with these Xvids :) ...are they bringing much attention to FE?

I think they do. :)

episode 3 as 1.2GB xvid is now available on the piratebay

Boon - what can i say about these...genius!!

I've got the first series at home, but i haven't ever sat down and watched it (i know, shoot me now). The main reason being that i just haven't found the time to sit down and watch the whole season - you can imagine my joy when i saw this release!! With that i mind, i might have a different view on this from people that have seen the original series but i feel i'm in a good spot to judge how it works as independant movies.

So how does it work as set of movies? I think it works really well (so much so that i ended up watching all 3 in a row). I think they still hold a feel of being from a TV series, much like a TV pilot feels, but i think it would be impossible to loose that feel all together as that is how the show is filmed. It flows so well though and i was hooked, especially with the way the action keeps moving - blink and you might miss some good stuff!!

In terms of the cuts/edits, they're seemless i couldn't see one moment where they happened. Audio flows perfectly throughout and the picture quality was perfect (watched on a 42" Plasma).

So overall i think you've achieved what you set out to do and that was to take the TV series and make them into movies that flow like movies and focus on the main topic of the breakout. I've already been on the phone today to about 10 people and told them they need to check it out. Incidently my GF has watched the original series and loved it and has now decided that this is the new way to watch it - so you've got 2 new fans here :)

Thanks for all your time on this, its been well worth it!

Ben

wow. Thank you very much for this, benroberts79. I am very happy you enjoyed it so much.

this is now available through USENET (or newsgroups).
I will upload most of my fanedits there now, because there they are safe from deletion for at least 2 years. Download and upload are easy and super fast (but not free). Enjoy!

NZB should be on fanedit.info soon. Or you can search on binsearch or newzleech for "fanedit"

NZB, NZB..............................................ok, I give up. What is that? :razz:

Back
Top Bottom