• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Prison Break | The Breakout Trilogy

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Prison Break - The Trilogy

Prison Break was in its time, and still next to Game of Thrones is, the best television series there ever was. And before people start telling me to get out of here and bingewatch some shit on Netflix, I'm going to clarify that I am indeed speaking of the very first season. I want to edit down the first two seasons into a trilogy of heartfelt suspense and pure character interaction gold.

THE (BEHIND THE SCENES) STORY
The heartfelt drama of two brothers trying to break out of a prison, one of the brothers in there on deathrow for a murder he did not commit and the other simply to get him out of there, touched the world back in 2005 and 2006 in a way neither the creator of the show nor Fox Television themselfs could believe. What was originally scrapped by Fox due to lack of a long-term plan and intruiging enough characters in 2003 later got approved by said studio due to a very convincing and burning desire from show creator Paul T. Scheuring and his now stronger narrative in 2004. The then supposed to be 8 episode mini-series in pre-production in 2004, turned into an 13 episode mini-series in production in 2005 (due to the creators ability to convince the studio once again). Then, after only showing three episodes to the world, Fox Television expanded their 13-episode plan to a fully complete 22 episodes. And the most shocking and brilliant part of that, looking back at it both now as an adult fan and as an editor, that expanding from (literally from 0)  8 to 13 to 22 had no quality loss to the overall arc and its characters. In fact, it made the drama and the characters stronger for it, never letting the focus from the characters go but rather enchancing it. They kept the story going with heart, suspense and grounded reality - acknowledging that a prison break is not easy. And all the manner of situations that definitely could and most likely would occur during such an attempt, happened. All the setbacks (that weren't there only for a cliffhanger or two), all the unlikely friendships and alliances - and even the (now very true, ahead-of-its-time but also quite lacking) goverment sideplot of illegal financing and corrupt politicians and their influences.

The story captivated the world, and a fanbase grew so quickly and enormously that the series grew to five seasons under its belt - even though, from my point of view, only the first three could said to be of above average quality; season 1 with a definitive gold star - season 2 with a weak silver one - and season 3 with a bronze, althought its expansion beyond two seasons were highly unnecessary.

THE FANEDIT DOINGS OF MY OWN
DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS!
My intention is to create a trilogy of season 1 and season 2, all three entries at three hours each, with the heart, unpredictability and suspense that kept the original series so dear.

FILM I:  Ends as all the inmates in on Michael's plan and Sara are struggling with their emotions and thoughts before the breakout, and Michael pulling a knife to the Warden's throat.
FILM 2: The prison break, the escape from Fox River and Illinois, the manhunts and the road to Utah.
FILM 3: Utah, Panama, and kind-of-a happy ending, but conclusive to the series.

All purposeful cliffhangers, non-important sideplots, boring or unneeded characters, repetative information and silly/dumb moments are removed from all of the film's. So is the soap opera drama between Michael and Sara taking place in the middle of the series. Many scenes are altered with music, some rotoscoping, a lot of new SFX (sound effects) and everything else in my power to make them flow and glow seamlessly into one another.

I just finished the first movie after two very motivational and passionate weeks and is very satisfied with it. My girlfriend - who is a passionate PB fan, totally approved of it, so all I now need is a cover art and some minor nitpicks to solve.

THE VIDEO SHOWCASE
DO NOT WATCH ANY OF THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS!
Film I - Opening
Film I - Ending

RollWave

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
CBB took 3 movies to do Season 1 of Prison Break, and imo that was one of the most needed fanedits ever and up there with my personal favorites.

Once the whole conspiracy thing was removed, and the show was just about the prison break, yea, that was the good stuff.

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
RollWave said:
CBB took 3 movies to do Season 1 of Prison Break, and imo that was one of the most needed fanedits ever and up there with my personal favorites.

Once the whole conspiracy thing was removed, and the show was just about the prison break, yea, that was the good stuff.
I didn't even know there was a Prison Break fanedit, nor did I find one upon searching for it.

But now that I know it exists, I'm very happy to know that he made something different than what I am doing.

I agree that the Prison Break in itself is the good thing. The conspiracy plot is lacking - more so in season 1 than is season 2 in my opinion, but I have it in for certain key elements to work. There is only about 20 minutes of it in Film I, and all of those are what I would say its good parts.

Solemn.Philosopher

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I look forward to watching this! The first season was great and I liked the first half of season 2. Being on the run makes sense for the show, but it gradually went too far beyond its original premise.

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Solemn.Philosopher said:
I look forward to watching this! The first season was great and I liked the first half of season 2. Being on the run makes sense for the show, but it gradually went too far beyond its original premise.
Thanks, man! Happy to hear that!

I completely agree. Season 2's beginning half is rather good - with some flaws to point out, like trying to save LJ and Brad Bellick on their tail, but the rest is good. Alexander Mahone and Paul Kellerman alone is reason for season 2 to be narrowed down into a very enjoyable experience.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Initial reaction: Ooh nah

Upon seeing "The first two seasons":

3e7.png

Very excited, as always, Andy :D Prison Break 1&2 were indeed some of the best television out there. 3 was so bad I stopped watching. I couldn't even bring myself to watch the reboot.

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zamros said:
Initial reaction: Ooh nah

Upon seeing "The first two seasons":

*Amused Picture/Meme*

Very excited, as always, Andy :D Prison Break 1&2 were indeed some of the best television out there. 3 was so bad I stopped watching. I couldn't even bring myself to watch the reboot.
Haha!

Indeed it was. And indeed season 3 was bad! I can't believe how they went against everything they stod for just to milk out some more money. I mean, don't get me wrong - season 3 has a high quality of acting and suspense, but that doesn't matter. It's the fact that they do the concept all over again. We've just watched these people escape one prison and hardly survive their escape, and now you do it over again? Come on!

If they had concluded it with season 2, it would seriously have had a classic nod to it by now. I am sure of it. Instead it just one of those many forever-on-going series that people forget because it turned bad, badder baddest as it went on.

I hope this trilogy will be liked by you, my friend, and I am eager to hear that you're excited. Now I am even more too!

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey @"Andreas" , sent you a PM yesterday.

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
THE FIRST ENTRY IS COMPLETED

FILM I (season 1) is now completed.

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I feel like I asked you this in PM, but forget the answer and delete my PMs because I'm just like that...

Are you still working on this or not?

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
After holding on to it for a long time, I finally watched this edit...

Really great work, @"Andreas". I couldn't notice a single cut besides the end of Episode 1, which is fairly obvious just due to the 'Outro' music and the closing shot (zooming out of Fox River).

At 3 hours, this edit is a bit long, and I personally don't care for the conspiracy subplot, I think this could've been cut without much change to the story, and puts much more focus on the 'Prison Break'. However, I understand that if the original plan was for a three season trilogy, it'd be hard to cut out the conspiracy from Season 2 (if my memory serves correct, I haven't watched this show in years.) I also think some of the other subplots could've been removed, seeing how little they come into play (Fernando's girlfriend, LJ, etc.)

Still, great work. I haven't got a response on my previous question, but I really hope Film II is in the future!

wonderwhy

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just watched movie 1 and thoroughly enjoyed it! Great work Andreas. Did you ever finish off your intended trilogy?

Top Bottom