• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Printer question

drgonzo369

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I posted something a while back about a printer, can't find it, so I'll do a new post. I was at Walmart yesterday morning after work (yes, the devil I know, but damn do they sell stuff cheaper then anywhere else) and they had Cannon Pixma ip2600 printers for $30. Does anyone have an opinion on these? I want to use it to print out covers (customs in color for my dvd/hds/etc) and am wondering if it's worth the 30bones. I've read positive reviews thus far online, but figured I'd see what you peeps though, if anything.

It's all about the ink. Find out how much the ink costs per refill, and how efficiently the printer is using ink. I've bought $20 printers, only to discover that the ink is $80 a pop, and that the printer is ink hungry. I have an old Canon that I like, and an Epson Photo R220 that I love. Beautiful Covers and it prints CD's/DVD's too! Any of the Epson Photo printers are nice, though they're slightly higher in the ink use department (I buy aftermarket refilled cartridges to offset this).

I can get the ones that come with it for $14 and $12, and the upgrade carts for $20 each, so I"m not sure.

Google up some reviews from some tech sites. See what kind of yield the cartridges get.

Stay away from Brother, though. My dad bought one of those combination copy/scan/fax/print units about a year ago. He's a very light user...VERY light. Goes to use it one day and it tells him the carts need to be replaced - 4 carts at $30 a shot. $120 in carts and he gets it to print. A few months go by and he needs to print something again (VERY light use, remember?) Thing tells him the carts need to be replaced AGAIN. Mind you, he's used it exactly ONCE since the last time he put carts in it.

He calls Brother tech support. The guy from India tells him that the machine is programmed to want new carts every 6 months whether you've used it or not.

And I thought my dad was pissed when I put the car in D instead of R and drove into his workbench in the garage when I was a kid.

We're going shopping for an HP or some other brand next week.

Back
Top Bottom