• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Premiere still a solid choice?

spicediver

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So dipping back into fanediting this year - 9 years since my last effort - and wondering if Premiere is still solid for editing. I have CS6 but haven't done any compex projects with it yet.

Last time I was frameserving with Avisynth, one reason I chose Premiere. No reason I can see to use Avisynth anymore, tho.

Have a beast of a new PC. Expecting to do mainly 1080p projects.

Premiere users - what are your thoughts?

Last edited:
Definitely, the prime choice of video editing if you don't mind the learning curve. It's compatibility with the entire Adobe suite makes it ideal. Vegas is easier to learn and there is a lot of support. I'm getting back into Final Cut ProX because of its compatibility with Chromatic and PaintX. All are good. Depends on your preferences. If you are anticipating that you might need to do complex VFX like masking and tracking or rotoscoping, then Premiere may be the best choice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom