• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Premiere - splitting source movie/s into chapters necessary?

spicediver

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Question for Premiere users.

When setting up your project, are you splitting your source Bluray/DVD into seperate chapter files for your workflow?

Or is a single source file per movie (coverted to lossless format before importing, of course) stable enough to create an unlimted number of clips in the timeline as needed?

Curious because my last edit was on CS3 with chpater clips as my souces. Now I'm on CS6 and a much faster PC.

Last edited:

Wakeupkeo

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow, the legend!

My system seems to handle it all at once, but I also create proxies for initial editing!

spicediver

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My system seems to handle it all at once, but I also create proxies for initial editing!
Proxies? You mean a frameserver app like AviSynth? I'm done with Avisysnth in Premiere projects, as a stable plugin no longer exists.

Wakeupkeo

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
No, like ripping a low quality version along with the high quality one, then editing on the low quality one, and swapping files later for fine tuning

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Right click on your source video file in the project and you will see the option to create proxy, just click it and let Media Encoder do its thing and you get smooth playback.

(I have CC but I don't think this has changed since CS6)

Last edited:
Top Bottom