• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

premiere pro video issues

M4_

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not the issue but first: use CBR and not VBR. VBR should be retired.

How long have you let it sit at 0%? How big will your final file be? It's quite possible the video is now being muxed and just needs time. When I do a render and it's a 2-hr flick it can take an additional 20-30 min. sitting at 0%. You might just need to give it time.
I don't think it should be retired, saving space is still a good thing to be efficient for some circumstances.

For anyone curious about the difference if you set a VBR and CBR at the same value like let's say 20, you can have a higher maximum bitrate on VBR that allows the average bitrate to exceed what it would normally be stuck at in CBR which is 20, such as in super complicated and detailed frames you could allow it to go up 25, and then go lower than its average bitrate in parts where it doesn't need much bitrate like down to 15. Whereas CBR just is constant the whole way through even when it doesn't need that higher bitrate. Plus with 2-pass VBR it's even more effective.

Now of course if size isn't an issue, you could just set your CBR at 25 or whatever and have that quality the whole way through, plus it encodes quicker, so it's definitely good too and sometimes better to use.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't think it should be retired, saving space is still a good thing to be efficient for some circumstances.

For anyone curious about the difference if you set a VBR and CBR at the same value like let's say 20, you can have a higher maximum bitrate on VBR that allows the average bitrate to exceed what it would normally be stuck at in CBR which is 20, such as in super complicated and detailed frames you could allow it to go up 25, and then go lower than its average bitrate in parts where it doesn't need much bitrate like down to 15. Whereas CBR just is constant the whole way through even when it doesn't need that higher bitrate. Plus with 2-pass VBR it's even more effective.

Now of course if size isn't an issue, you could just set your CBR at 25 or whatever and have that quality the whole way through, plus it encodes quicker, so it's definitely good too and sometimes better to use.
All good points. I'm not sure about other NLE's, but Premiere gives you a fairly accurate estimate of the files size, so I'm very confident recommending CBR over VBR, especially now that DVD's and Blu-rays are sort of on the way out, one isn't limited to the storage size of a disc.

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
is profile high, level 4.2, good enought for 1080p?
i have render at maximum depth, maximum render quality.
and have CBR bitrate 30

Top Bottom