• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Premiere or Vegas?

Which Program should I use?

• Premiere Pro CS5

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Vegas Pro 8

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

Keeleon

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I plan on starting a new project, and I want to know the differences between Premiere CS5, and Vegas Pro 8. I'm currently using and quite familiar with Premiere Pro 1.5, and want to upgrade, but it seems no one here uses Adobe, and I was curious if there were reasons why.

both are powerful software. The interfaces are quite different though. Also note, that you don't have the most recent version of Vegas Pro listed. It is currently at version 9.

So, I'm getting votes, but no reasons :( I have tinkered with Vegas a bit, and it is a little different, and would mostly have to be relearned? It actually seems much simpler. Is it still as powerful? What are people on here who use Vegas' reasons for choosing it over Adobe?

I use Premiere and I'm very happy with it. But I've never used anything else, so I have no real basis to vote on which is better.

its really a matter of preference of interface, and what your accustomed to. Both are really powerful editing software, and have few limitations. Really, I would say, just try out each.

Back
Top Bottom