• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Premeiere CS6 H264 Frame Drift

emanswfan

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I finished up my final of version of my Courageous edit and I encoded the .m4v (h264 bluray: 1080p @ 23.976, no audio) out of media encoder from the premiere sequence. I watched the video only and it appeared fine. However, when I exported the audio into a 5.1 wav (48kHz) which I converted to 6 mono wavs and then back to a DTS-HD MA file. But when I started on the timeline the video and audio weren't the same length and when I played back the audio had a drifting sync problem. If I overlay the video and audio in the original sequence, the audio shows proper length and syncs with original audio layers, while the video is several seconds shorter and near the begening the frames shown are identical, but as in the title the frames in the export start to drift, and the frames are not nearly the same flipping the visible layer switch.
Never had this problem before and have used the same export settings and workflow several times before, I'm not sure how to fix this.

Well, what framerates are you using? Could it be that your video is 24fps and your audio is 23.976 or 30fps instead of 29.97fps? The exact numbers are 30000/1001 and 24000/1001.

wabid said:
Well, what framerates are you using? Could it be that your video is 24fps and your audio is 23.976 or 30fps instead of 29.97fps? The exact numbers are 30000/1001 and 24000/1001.
both are 23.976, the source is 23.976

Mediainfo shows 23.976.
Video is 01:59:28:02
Audio is 01:59:32:13
Sequence, which is 23.976, is 01:59:32:13

What do you mean by sequence? Is that a different file? Are the audio/video stats you gave from a file that has already muxed your audio and video together?

If your video is 4 seconds shorter, the amount of delay should be growing as the movie plays on, if they really are the same framerate.

I guess I am still a little unclear on your workflow.

wabid said:
What do you mean by sequence? Is that a different file? Are the audio/video stats you gave from a file that has already muxed your audio and video together?

If your video is 4 seconds shorter, the amount of delay should be growing as the movie plays on, if they really are the same framerate.

I guess I am still a little unclear on your workflow.
By sequence, I mean the sequence file located in the premiere pro project, the sequence is the actual film timeline. I mean the edit was created at 1080p 23.976 fps with 48kHz 5.1 audio. i matched these same settings during export.

The audio, video stats are from the individual exported files. The sequence length is the supposed proper length. And yes, the delay increases as movie goes on, which what I mean by Frame Drift, which is the techinical term. The audio is not drifting but the video encoded itself. If I import into Premiere, the exported video and audio and put them into the original sequence, the audio syncs up perfectly, as it should, but the video drifts in sync and if i compare the footage in the sequence to the exported video signal at the same corresponding times, the frames will differ. it was obvious in Encore that the audio was really out of sync by atleast the 5 minute mark, and continued to get worse.

If I import into Premiere, the exported video and audio and put them into the original sequence, the audio syncs up perfectly, as it should, but the video drifts in sync and if i compare the footage in the sequence to the exported video signal at the same corresponding times, the frames will differ.

This is the part I am unclear on. Do you see the drift IN premiere or after you have exported a final copy? Is it an issue with adobe's playback capabilities?

Have you tried muxing the audio and video together with a command line utility instead of reimporting both into premiere/encore?

wabid said:
Have you tried muxing the audio and video together with a command line utility instead of reimporting both into premiere/encore?
Just muxed the .dtshd and .m4v into a .m2ts and it worked fine. I'll have to rerender the video though, since I miscalculated the file size, and it ended up being 25.5 GB, which is obviously larger that a 25GB bluray normaly fits.

Good to hear, that was my suspicion, that by using timelines to mux, your computer wasn't able to keep up when decoding the preview. Glad to hear it works.

Actually, I just played the muxed file back and realized the audio was still having sync issues. when I saw the sync issues before muxing I was watching in a small preview screen. i watched the muxed file in a small preview screen and it seemed fixed. But I jus viewed it fullscreen in several media players, all showing the audio getting out of sync more as the film went on. And it was extremely off by an hour and a half into the file. So, apperently it is still having issues.

Back
Top Bottom