• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

PREDATOR: Rough Beast

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
love to see what you come up with for this edit--

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
it says "We're sorry, this video is no longer available"

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You have to make that video "public" in order for us to see it

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yes, thank you tranzor. I just did that. I had hoped to keep it hush hush cause I know someone here got their promos deleted but oh well.
public it is.

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
you know how to fix that? Call it a different name (like kbm). their search bots wont pick it up

PS clip now works fine, thanks again--

beckmen

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So do you use AVP footage in the actual edit? (Might be a good way to get some use out of that crap movie, hah).

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like the music
thanks throwng, I'm just having fun with the promo.check out the SKY CAPTAIN promo and see if you can guess the track.
AVP? hmmm... I wonder how that got in there?

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ROUGH BEAST
Predator 2 remixed by Jorge

What is it about? PREDATOR II gets a meaner, faster, hard boiled version.
original film name: PREDATOR II
film studio name: 20th Century Fox
Original Film Released: 21 November 1990
Fan Edit Released: December, 2007
Original Runtime: 108 min
New Runtime: 60 min
Amount of time Cut/Added: eh... quite a bit.
Cuts removed/added/extended:
All profanities are gone. it's not that I hate profanity, it just seem like bad writing.
Trim the awkward scenes.
The sex scene is gone. See above
Most of Predator is gone. they had him climbing sides of buildings. I didn't want to see that.
Bill Paxton's character humor is gone.
Maria Conchita Alonso... mostly gone.
Morton Downey Jr.'s gone.
Many more trims to remember.

DVD - Features:
Menus
Scene Selection Menus
presented in 1:85:1
ipod version of the movie

Conceptual improvements/advancements of edit over original: Half as taut and twice as dumb
Every good monster movie deserves a sequel, and with few exceptions they get a crappy one. Predator 2 is right in line with that legacy, a lackluster (and Schwarzenegger-free) action flick that steals every page it can from the Aliens playbook.

Since Predator took place in the jungle, Hollywood's sense of irony dictates that the sequel should take place in the city: In this case, Los Angeles, where a bloody gang war is underway. But from the one guy that wants to capture the Predator instead of kill it to the assault team that goes after it and gets completely decimated, everything about Predator 2 feels very familiar and boring. Danny Glover as Lt. Harrigan, wearing baggy grandpa pants but swearing like a sailor, is an odd choice for an action hero, and the film hilariously pairs him with the always-insane Gary Busey as a mysterious government operative who seems to know a lot about the city?s resident invisible extraterrestrial.
The bulk of the film is kind of nonsensical: Why the alien is here, why Glover cares about stopping this gang war, and why the Predator doesn't just leave when the going gets rough... these are questions that never get answered. And you're not supposed to care, since the action doesn't stop, the weapons are updated, and the gore is extreme (with the original cut earning an NC-17 due to violence). The acting in the movie is applied hysteria. Glover, so engaging as a different kind of cop in the "Lethal Weapon" movies, screams and sweats, swears and climbs down tall buildings. He is assisted by a Latino woman, played by the wonderful Maria Conchita Alonso, whose idea of creating an identity for herself at headquarters is to grab a new guy by the crotch until he pleads for mercy. The dialogue is foul and clinical, and the special effects, while expensive, are not interesting.

PROJECT TIME:
planning: no planning.
editing: a month.
sound editing: see above.
DVD layout and features: 2 weeks.

this is now up on Rapidshare.

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
awesome!

...i'm a little worried about the removal of predator from climbing buildings, tho!

Sasso

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Any chance of putting this on a torrent site for download?

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I will put the ipod version to ttorrent as soon as I have uploaded everything that is still in the queue (shouldn't be too long).

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
OK, I was really looking forward to seeing this after some of the ideas that our great friend Jorge (aka KillBillMe) posted. It has actually been sometime since I have seen the original (I picked up a copy for comparison, but have yet to watch it) so I really forgot how awful of a sequel Predator 2 was. After beginning Jorge's edit, it all started to come back to me. Predator 2 was pure stench...

...now, Jorge did a fantastic job IMO to make this movie far more enjoyable. It still is no masterpiece, but I have a sequel to Predator that I can watch without inducing vomit. :) The cuts of all the cursing and the sex scene may seem offending to some people, but after you watch this edit, you will see that it was a perfect decision. Why have the characters act like a bunch of rotten pirates? it made no sense. Most of the cheesy dialog has been cut (thank you so much).

but there were some things that just could not be fixed.... The setting of Predator 2 was horrible, it was a wierd Futuristic/retro/actually present day setting that had some sort of Dick Tracy feel (with over-dramatic drug lords). You really cant fix this visually, but by trimming away a lot of the fat, you notice it much much much less. Our attention is focused on the Predator interaction.

A cool idea, tha may have not been pulled off perfectly was mixing footage from AvP into the film to tie everything together. I really liked this idea, but felt that the arctic scenes just felt a tad too out of place. nice effort though.

All in all a great edit of an atrocious film

VIDEO QUALITY
4 of 5. It was almost perfect. Cuts are not noticable, and the picture is quite nice. There was a segment toward the end of the film, where the video does this wierd strobing pixel thing (that I have noticed before with some bad encodes). This is only for a moment, and it isnt really distracting.

AUDIO QUALITY
5 of 5. Great. I dont notice any cuts, and the audio flows nicely

THE DVD
4 of 5. We get a great video clip for Jorge himself, some cool trailers, and nice menus. I love the main menu, and the selection buttons, however I feel that the scene selection menus needed a bit of help. The little boxes just didnt do it for me. However, this is a really nice packaged DVD. Artwork was not created for this, but the Jorge had a contest in mind .....be prepared for January ;)

overall, a 4 of 5. A great edit of a horrible movie, and very well done. Thanks Jorge ;)

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
dito.
as for entertainment I could have done without the Shaman in the backstreet and would have loved to see more of the predator, but given the source material this is as good as it can get. Great fanedit.

Sprug's decapitated head

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I read that review a few minutes ago (nice review). But I can't spot on any of the topics mentioning if the sound encoding is 5.1 or downmixed to 2.0.

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thank you guys.
Boon is being too brief, probably thinking that Throwgn has said it all. he sent me a great email I'd like to share with all:

"ok, I couldn't wait, so I watched the first one already.
PREDATOR ROUGH BEAST
nice self made credits. I like the retro amateur look, it kind of fits the movie.
I love your "new remixed by jorge" jingle and also the intro. Pretty cool.

2 of the trailers for the traielrshow have no audio: memento and dark city. The trailers are great as is the DVD menu and setup.

now to the movie:
pro:
best version of Predator 2 I have ever watched. It is at parts a really good movie and this is a huge success considering the VERY bad original. I really liked almost everything you took out. It is still not a great movie though, but that would be expecting way to much. It now is a good movie. And it is a worthy sequel to the Predator series and makes you want to see more. On imdb I would give it for entertainment a 6 of 10, whereas the original would get a 4 of 10. I was not disappointed by this one.
As for fanediting: bravo! Great effort and big success. You polished a turd. That street in the beginning for example is almost unwatchable in the original, because of all the goofy acting. Your street fight is almost serious and thrilling.
I still think the main problem of this movie is Danny Glover, who is totally not an action hero, with his sad looks and these ugly trousers.

contra:
- I missed the scene where the guy, who grabbed the spear tip, was found. The scene change from him getting killed by the predator to Glover holding the spear tip is IMO a to far jump for the audience.
- The shaman scene was still ridiculous. Yes, it's a funny kill with the screaming cutoff head, but that is about all i can get from the scene. Nothing essential was achieved with this. The entire scene is embarrassing to the max IMO.
- the scenes from AvP had a different image quality which sometimes shows. What was extremely good about these scenes is that you did not show any known actors. What is bad about these scenes is the AI blood, which really looks bad compared to all the blood in Predator 2.

Now I know I have listed way more on contra than on pro, but I really dig this fanedit. It's a great one and it shows the possibilities of fanediting. "

I am very please with the feedback.
I wanted a version of PREDATOR II that wouldn't make me want to vomit and this one is it. Enjoy!

Top Bottom