• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

PREDATOR: Rough Beast

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
rbbc4od2.jpg

PREDATOR: Rough Beast

What is it about? fanediting poor PREDATOR 2 into a more enjoyable experience.
original film name: PREDATOR 2
film studio name: Fox
Original Film Released: 2 August 2002
Fan Edit Released: November 30 2007

Cuts removed/added/extended:
- Tighten the pace.
- Lose over the top moments.
- Harrigan doesn't talk to himself.
- Lose most of Maria Alonso
- trim Busey so he's not so over the top.
- new ending.

Conceptual improvements/advancements of edit over original: Jeez, where to begin. I was very dissappointed by the sequel.
It had none of the (hehe) gravitas of the original. There was a lot of shouting and cursing.
Poor Danny Glover was saddle with a role that I don't believe he enjoyed. So I clean all that stuff up so now it's shinny and new.

HOOOOOOORRRRRRRAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Actually Predator 2 was released in 1990 or 1991.

Interesting concept. I always felt that Predator 2 was an ok film with a lot of excess flab.

great kbm!! i cant wait to see this one. I think you can finally do it justice... and I'm really interesting in experiencing the new ending!

What's the new ending?

I say keep them in the dark, its way better that way!!!

Okay okay okay. I'm still curious (spoil me!!!) but if I will have to wait and download it, so be it :)

i'd definitely rather wait to watch the surprise - and i hope it is soon 'cuz i think this movie had a lot of potential but just wasn't very thrilling.

thanks

Yes Joe, it will be soon. I am cutting 3 fanedits at the same time and they are all in the dvd creation phase. but then i decide to do trailers, which i usually dont, so wait a little more. It will be worth it.

killbillme said:
Yes Joe, it will be soon. I am cutting 3 fanedits at the same time and they are all in the dvd creation phase. but then i decide to do trailers, which i usually dont, so wait a little more. It will be worth it.
3 fanedits at the same time...? :? damn, and here I am, screwing around with the first disc from my T23D set, running from 1 problem into another because the program just can't handle while it should be able to handle it. Frustrating for me, but respect for you,. 3 at the same time. I always wonder how most of you people can finish so many fanedits in such a short time while I'm working more than 6 months on 1 disc...

well some people dont take the care that should be taken. I would rather wait a long time for a really good edit than have a bunch of sloppy ones all the time. I am looking forward to your edits T-HOPE, and take your time ;)

...I am sure kbm won't disappoint us with this one, he puts out some nice stuff :)

my last fanedit was HULK and that was several months ago.
It may appear as if I was editing a lot... but I am not.
I just happened to have 2 terrabites of disk space, so everything can be online.

I can't confirm this as i've not seen it, but I believe the Predator 2 workprint would contain all the uncut gore sequences that had to be cut to avoid an NC-17 rating. I saw some guy over at OT has this workprint. Although likely horrible quality to put into the actual edit, these shots could make for a nice extra feature. Looking forward to this edit, btw!

ThrowgnCpr said:
well some people dont take the care that should be taken. I would rather wait a long time for a really good edit than have a bunch of sloppy ones all the time. I am looking forward to your edits T-HOPE, and take your time ;)
stuff :)
It's not only the time factor, but also that I have a feeling that I stumble on a lot of problems that nobody else seems to have.

I'm interested in this fanedit.

Btw, from IMDB
The following scenes were deleted from the final cut of the film: A subplot involving Maria Conchita Alonso's character pregnancy. The chase sequence where Danny Glover tracks the Predator all the way to the slaughterhouse distract was extensively longer. Gore and mutilations in all the murders the Predator had done including Bill Paxton's in the tunnel.

I remember also reading somewhere that there was a scene in which the predator kills all the drugsdealer in the opening. Now the movie just shows an explosion and the drugsdealers are all dead.

Back
Top Bottom