• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Power Rangers

slekyr

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have no idea what is going on but it has Tommy so I support it.  I might need to get back into Power Rangers

DANLAV05

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:

By the looks of things this isn't supposed to be a Power Rangers fan film, but rather an original piece with PR actors (JDF's daughter is in this as opposed to Tommy's son JJ) HOWEVER it does look like a Power Rangers fan film, with all the serial numbers removed (think Renegades: Requiem), i.e. the colours-actors, characters conveniently unnamed, the crystal/White Dragon suit, helmets...

Whether you're meant to see it as AU-Power Rangers or an origial piece is another matter! :p

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was thinking of fan editing it, adding in the Shattered Grid prologue at the end to make it seem like Drakkon had the daughter prisoner.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I tried, but the widescreen aspect ratio was a little off for both.

DANLAV05

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ah ok

Will be interesting to see if with a little cutting the finished prooduct (IF it gets made!) could pass for PR, certainly looks closer than The Order

UPDATE 10:16 AM 17/719 The director (Aaron Schoenke) just said on his Facebook Live stream that this project technically IS the 'Green Ranger' project Bat in the Sun pitched to Saban all those years ago!

Take that as you will...

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Trailer for Dino Fury

PR fans have noted the trailer actually makes use of footage from a TV NION fan dub of the Sentai they're adapting

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
In tribute to Eddie Van Halen, here's the ending of MMPR The Movie, which made use of the song 'Dreams'.

DANLAV05

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am excited.

The Comics have proved that Power Rangers can be so much more than the annual TV series. It's a niche fandom compared to Marvel or DC, Power Rangers can be so much more.

People outside this fandom only seem to know MMPR, Tommy & Kimberly - that's what people remember. The Illuminerdi has been spot on so far, the days of Sentai adaptations are ending, I hope Dino Fury will be a great send off.

For a long time I've wanted a 'grown up' Power Rangers show akin to the Arrowverse, so no gore and cussing. There are people in the age group who vaguely remember the show. Look at Batman - it went in 20 years from the campy Adam West show to a box office smash with the dark Michael Keaton movie.

eOne has basically given Entwhistle the same role Alex Kurtzman has on Star Trek - overseeing what sounds like numerous projects?

I still think we'll get an animated MMPR reboot as the replacement 'kids' show' - it's what gets outsiders in.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I hope he does better than TITANS, my favourite comic growing up, and easily the most disappointing, miss the point, comic tv series adaptation of the last 10 years for me.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Youtube blocked this, so straight to Vimeo it goes

password: fanedit

Top Bottom