• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Power Rangers

Okay, ngl, that was pretty badass. Brought tears to my eyes when I saw the Green Ranger there for a sec. Too bad JDF didn't make it :(

Have they stated the runtime for the Reunion Special?
Is 30mins? An hour? Two???

I don't even watch the original Super Sentai series' that it was based on these days (Just Kamen Rider) but I loved the original Power Rangers so much!! This gives me tears of joy seeing this. I was fortunate to receive a birthday message from David Yost last week, paid for by a close friend and I was in floods of tears, I really have a lot of love for these guys 🥰❤♥

I reckon it'll probably be feature length. They have a fair amount to fit in. I'm so stoked to see Ernies again!

I don't even watch the original Super Sentai series' that it was based on these days (Just Kamen Rider) but I loved the original Power Rangers so much!! This gives me tears of joy seeing this. I was fortunate to receive a birthday message from David Yost last week, paid for by a close friend and I was in floods of tears, I really have a lot of love for these guys 🥰❤♥

I reckon it'll probably be feature length. They have a fair amount to fit in. I'm so stoked to see Ernies again!
I can see what you mean. I have a ton of older Super Sentai and Kamen Rider series, but the newer Kamen Rider shows are much more appealing to me, probably because they dare to go in bold(er) directions. I mean, Kamen Rider Amazons? WTF?? Kamen Rider Ex-Aid is pretty cool in a souped up on drugs flashy kind of way, and Kamen Rizer Wizard is just Kamen Rider with a fantasy sauce on top and it's everything you'd hope for.

It's extra wholesome to see David Yost (re)appear in the blue suit, he really deserves it!!

P.S.: Still no word on the feature length @bionicbob , but I just learned Amy-Jo isn't starring because she felt the pay was too low. So sad :(

Yeah, I think expectations need to be tempered with this. A few things to know going in:

1. Austin St. John can't leave the states as he's awaiting trial for wire fraud

2. Amy Jo Johnson wasn't happy with the pay cheque and declined appearing (there are rumours of a very small cameo, but they appear to be false)

3. While this was filmed before Jason David Frank's passing, JDF had a major falling out with Hasbro over his involvement in the special and retired from the franchise. The Green Ranger you see glimpsed in this trailer is just a stunt double.

Once and Always is now on Netflix

Overall, it's fine. It zips by in under an hour, it's largely a showboat for two of the veteran Rangers, Zack and Billy, and the new kid on the block, Trini's daughter, who becomes the Yellow Ranger after she unlocks the power taking a hit for Billy. Katherine and Rocky make up the rest of the team, but they just seem kind of 'there', we do learn what they've been up, Katherine looking after her and Tommy's son, Rocky is a firefighter. Zack is in congress, and Billy has his own Earth-based business and personal Command Centre, while still dating Cestria on Aquitar, he is working on a way of bringing Zordon back, and his actions create Robo Rita who then kills Alpha 8 (by possessing him) and eventually Trini.

There are connections to SPD, the finale of Power Rangers In Space, and the Boom produced comic books. And even though it is archive footage taken from one of the early episodes, we do get to see Amy Jo Johnson perform a song as Kimberly with all of the core original MMPR team, Tommy included, seated around her, followed by a dedication to the lives and memories of Thuy Trang and Jason David Frank

The ending alludes that Billy's quest to restore Zordon will continue

That wasn't without it's flaws but overall the special was a fun trip down memory lane.
Rushed at times, could have done with 30 more minutes. I hoped we would get more from Aisha and Adam but sadly it was a glorified cameo

I'm a little surprised that, bar Billy's bit about travelling the universe at the end, it seemed to be in it's own bubble. I was expecting Lord Zedd to be behind it all (we know he's somewhere in the neighbourhood) as a lead-in to Cosmic Fury

However I am glad other seasons were mentioned and Power Rangers since 1996 wasn't ignored, indeed the Zordon/RoboRita/Alpha 8 plot comes from In Space. People are saying the FX were dodgy but I enjoyed them. Seeing updated versions of classic effect such as the morph and in particular the Megazord formation - pretty much a shot-for-shot remake - was mega fun!

They've proved they can make totally new Power Rangers with no reliance on archive material (apart from flashbacks). The fight scenes worked. The ending was lovely and poignant. Thinking as an 8 year old who watched MMPR on GMTV, 30 years is in fact not a long time, and it is so sad two bright young stars are already gone before their time.

A fun watch and surprisingly emotional.

While I always check out each new incarnation, I am not hardcore fan and not well versed in the lore or continuity. So I was a bit confused that apparently the OG Power Rangers are still active ? If anyone can explain this to me I would be much obliged. :)

A fun watch and surprisingly emotional.

While I always check out each new incarnation, I am not hardcore fan and not well versed in the lore or continuity. So I was a bit confused that apparently the OG Power Rangers are still active ? If anyone can explain this to me I would be much obliged.
Various god like beings in PR lore over the years have restored powers to veteran teams, most recently a green Morphing Master was revealed to be the cause

Power Rangers is a show that does play fast and loose with it's continuity like a lot of long-running shows.

That's neat, but I thought Amelia is supposed to be the new Red Ranger. Why's she still in pink?

Also, yay for Fern being a regular.
These titles are from episode one, in earlier seasons (MMPR) they often would use the prior status quo in the lead-up to the changes in the titles

I dropped the show after the Turbo movie, after some gradual waning of interest that started with the loss of half of the original cast. I'm somewhat aware of what later seasons have done ,and it's plenty cool that the show still persists and has not done a total reboot after all these years.

So Billy's back to being on full-time? And he has not been a regular since Zeo, right? That's pretty crazy.

I dropped the show after the Turbo movie, after some gradual waning of interest that started with the loss of half of the original cast. I'm somewhat aware of what later seasons have done ,and it's plenty cool that the show still persists and has not done a total reboot after all these years.

So Billy's back to being on full-time? And he has not been a regular since Zeo, right? That's pretty crazy.
A reboot is apparently on the cards after this season, Johnathan Entwhistle of "End of the F-Ing World" acclaim was put in charge of it, but plans for it remain very unclear. Production has also moved out of New Zealand, which had been PR's home since 2003.

Billy is likely only back for this season, much like how the late Jason David Frank became a regular again for one other season in 2004 (though would make many guest appearances afterwards)

I love the Turbo movie (only a handful of fans that do), I've always wanted to edit it.

Back
Top Bottom