• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

POTC: Dead Mans Chest Shaved

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
potcdmcmenusmallvi1.jpg

what kind of fanedit (true fanedit = TF, extended edition = EE, special collection & preservation = SP): TF

tagline: Less is More...

original film name: POTC: Dead Mans Chest
new film name : POTC: Dead Mans Chest - Shaved
film studio name :
edit crew name : nOmArch
Date Original Film Was Released : July 2006
Date Edit Was Released : June 2007
Original Runtime : 150 Mins
New Runtime : 139 Mins
Amount of time Cut/Added :

Cuts removed/added/extended : 10 Mins Cut

SCENES CUT/TRIMMED/EDITED

Cannibal Island cut pretty ruthlessly, everything is gone but Will getting caught, will talking in bone cage, Jack running away, Will and crew making the top of the cliff, more Jack running away, Will and crew arrving on the beach.

it works pretty well.

i would also liked to have cut a lot of the lighthouse island but was impossible (or beyond my skills) to do because of the way plot details fitted into this sequence.

SCENES ADDED

Are you kidding??

Fanedit details (please add here details about DVD contents as well as video and audio information):

Sources Used: POTC: Dead Mans Chest PAL converted to NTSC

Audio is AC3 5.1.
Static Menu with Music

Extras

Edit Info
Scene Selection

(Also with music)

Your intention for this fanedit:

To considerably speed up the Cannibal island sequence.

Your way to achieve your intention:

Remove it.

Hardware and software information (what did you use to create your fanedit):

DVD Decrypter
VirtualDubMOd 1.5
Womble MPEG Video Wizard
VirtualDubMod 1.5
Cinema Craft encoder
DVDLab Pro 2

Additional Comment:

Wish i could of done more with it, but just removing this one annoying part makes the film seem a lot less bloated.

Time needed for the edition: Weekend on and off

persons involved: 1

Additional information links:

Additional download links: Torrent and rapidshare. depends on how many are interested

everything is finished just need to run the m2v through CCE on a 6 pass and hit the author button in DVD Lab.[/img]

SCENES ADDED

Are you kidding??

Sorry I have nothing useful to say here, but damn that was funny, and at that moment, I completely understood that statement to its fullest meaning.

No, I'm not on drugs.

lol :)

NTSC problems solved, Disc is burnt. Project finished.

Are you entering this as one of the films for the Fanedit contest?

Date Edit Was Released : June 2007

killbillme said:
Are you entering this as one of the films for the Fanedit contest?

nope, not a hope in hell of winning :), theres like 5 cuts in the entire movie.

Back
Top Bottom