• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

post-editing steps for Womble

vmancini

Reaction score
Trophy Points
As my title suggests, I'm using Womble and my project is already to go in Womble. I've edited everything down, inserted all of my transition effects, strung it back together, etc.. Now, what's my next step? Do I need to generate one long mpeg? Do I use the DVD Maker feature of Womble?

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Generate one long MPEG file, and a seperate audio stream. There should be a button on the export window to select seperate streams. Make sure you look at ADM's guide for more detailed instructions.

DoctorM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Remove all your transitions and recreate them manually in another program, encode them and then reimport them.

If your source is film (23.976) Womble will make crap out of it when you have transitions (or make any other edits from within the program).

Womble is ONLY good for editing clips together without a need to re-encode. Everything else is poorly executed.

twistd101

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, Womble is fine when using direct stream copy on output, if it has to reencode any video, run for the hills! Other than that small [HUGE] detail, Womble is a worthwhile tool. :) As DoctorM has said, remake your transitions and then import them back in.

DoctorM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
In case you don't understand why, I've seen it turn out variable frame rate (the re-encoded clips different than original).
Also there are always horrible vertical bar artifacts that PULSE. No really!

For all that the program does, I can't figure out why it won't let you parse to an external encoder. There are free ones out there that are a billion times better than it's internal one.

When I need cross fades or fades in and out I use avisynth scripts, but that's just me. I'm sure there's easier software for it.

Top Bottom