• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Portal 2

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am a huge fan of the original game. What Valve thought would be a fun little project, it blew up and was a huge hit. Now, nearly three years later, we have Portal 2.

I'm happy to see GlaDOS is back and is much creepier and sinister than before, yet her jokes do make you laugh out loud. The puzzles are more complicated and wholly satisfying. All around this is a great puzzle shooter.

And Stephen Merchant is a welcome addition. There is something about the circular eye I don't trust, but his voice makes the little robot very human.

I highly recommend this game for those that like puzzlers and shooters alike.

Is anyone else playing Portal 2? Thoughts?

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just got it yesterday but havent had time to play it yet. apparently ps3 can connect to steam so maybe we can co-op someday.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That sounds like a blast. Not sure how co-op will work between someone using a keyboard/mouse vs controller pad. Could be interesting... :)

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
message me your steam name so i can add you. assuming i "signed up" correctly (all i did was link my psn account) mine should be "bionichrist"

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Still waiting for my copy to arrive from Amazon but if anyone is interested in co-op my steam username is nomarch so just hit me up.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Chapter 3 and having a blast! Funniest game I've played in years, Stephen Merchant's character is absolutely brilliant.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
still havent played it yet, but it looks great.
I'll add you guys as soon as PSN gets its shit together :/

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finished it this morning. While the new song isn't as good as Still Alive (and let's face it... that's tough to follow) the overall ending more than makes up for it. While not exceptionally difficult it is very rewarding.

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Good game, but I found it to be a bit tough at times, when you're exiled to the derelict areas (with J.K Simmons on the speaker system) the places to go aren't quite as linear to figure out. I had to resort to looking for online help twice throughout the whole game, but thankfully not on the last boss who I beat on my third attempt, placing that last node seemed to be a trial and error affair.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i am only at level 3. but so far have been enjoying the game immensely. so funny, only game to make me LOL.
the "animal king" bit had me rolling.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So many good quotes in the game, but I think my all time favorite has to be GladOS shouting, "Yeah! Take the lemons!" in agreement with Cole.

(Minor spoilers... but here is a clip...)

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
just finished it, probably the best playing experience I've ever come across. There will be trouble if there is no Portal 3 though.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nOmArch said:
just finished it, probably the best playing experience I've ever come across. There will be trouble if there is no Portal 3 though.

I agree that it has succeeded in wrapping up the story, but I would not mind a Portal 3. The game is too damn fun, and GladOS is too likable.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^^This
^^This
^^This
^^This
^^This
^^This

On a more annoying note, Jurassic Park PC/Mac has been delayed until Autumn :x

Good news is everyone who pre-ordered gets a full refund and a free TT game of their choice. Win! ish

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I doubt we'll get a part 3, I think Valve can only count to 2.

I'm taking my time with this like crazy, really savoring all of the dialogue. I consider this game to be a comedy masterpiece as well as an incredibly rewarding game. I have found I have a habit of ridiculously over complicating the puzzles, when the answer is really quite simple. Just another way that the game is smarter than me.

Favorite quote: "Oh hi. How are you holding up? Because I'm a potato."

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
spence said:
I doubt we'll get a part 3, I think Valve can only count to 2.

They have been dragging their heals with Half-Life 2: Episode 3 for some reason, though I'm beginning to suspect it has more to do with Portal than anything else. Portal obviously takes place in the same universe, so I have to wonder if Valve is actually working on Episode 3 and Half-Life 3 at the same time. I wouldn't be at all surprised to have them release Ep. 3 and have it be revealed HL3 will be released a month to six months after, as sort of a precursor. And I wouldn't be surprised if in HL2:Ep 3 or HL3 we don't meet up with GladOS again. The unusually long time could be them blending the stories together.

Or they could just be slow.

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i've been playing around with this one as well as the first one. have to say that i enjoy the puzzles a lot. definitely a favorite of mine.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yay!! Portal 2 DLC will be available this summer with all new single player and multi player test chambers.

Source

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This should be in the dictionary under the definition for Win.

Top Bottom