• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote NOW for January FEOTM!

Plumbing's Our Game

DonkeyKonga

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It works pretty fantastic!! something has been bothering me though. I feel a very tight reverb on the low frequencies. Best way I can describe it is, if there were a wooden bucket on Cranky's lap. I don't know if that's something that is easy to filter?
I didn't say anything sooner as I thought it was possible I was mistaken and I didn't want to say anything against your fantastic amount of effort and great work! :)
Honestly I'm a complete noob when it comes to sound, but it's also pointless to do the chambers echo untill after I can remove the original echo. Kind of pointless to match the sound if I can't be sure I can remove the original sound first. Would be a waste of time.

tremault

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Honestly I'm a complete noob when it comes to sound, but it's also pointless to do the chambers echo untill after I can remove the original echo. Kind of pointless to match the sound if I can't be sure I can remove the original sound first. Would be a waste of time.
I think the Adobe thing can do that? Or if artisdead knows how to do it then I'm sure he'd do a fantastic job!

ccateni

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Have you considered potentially making your dialogue match the echo by extending the last line or redoing the last line with the echo in mind?

DonkeyKonga

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Have you considered potentially making your dialogue match the echo by extending the last line or redoing the last line with the echo in mind?

I might do that. I'll also check out the other language dubs. who knows maybe they done have an echo.

tremault

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I might do that. I'll also check out the other language dubs. who knows maybe they done have an echo.
I'm not sure if you have misunderstood what I said. The reverb that I mentioned is in your audio recording.
I understand that you have a different issue with echo in the movie audio track, so these are two separate issues. Reading the past few posts, it sounds like this could have got confused.

DonkeyKonga

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm not sure if you have misunderstood what I said. The reverb that I mentioned is in your audio recording.
I understand that you have a different issue with echo in the movie audio track, so these are two separate issues. Reading the past few posts, it sounds like this could have got confused.

Oh yes i did lower the bass and uppen the treble a bit after reading this on the og recording. But theres only so much I can with what I know.

DonkeyKonga

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Lala.ai works wonders actually. Removed most of the electronic noise!

DonkeyKonga

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Echo is fixed. At least as far as I know. Replaced a few sound effects but it's hardly noticeable!

DonkeyKonga

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fixed the whole stadium part when it comes to background noise etc. So now all i need to figure out is the proper reverb for the voice lines.

DonkeyKonga

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Good news I finally got my hands on a professional mic that I can borrow indefinitely. So I can re-record all lines and really try to get the quality up to snuff and take my sweet time. I feel the voice over itself needs a little more oomph. It's close, but not quite there yet.

In other good news I was fully able to remove all the echoes on the original voice. The conversation in the DK arena really pops with the new cranky voice that's actually cranky lol. Its very funny.

The voice over is 100% certain now.

Last edited:

futon88

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kudos for going the extra mile and making it perfect.

DonkeyKonga

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kudos for going the extra mile and making it perfect.
Yeah I might as well tbh. The previous voice over just wasn't good enough.
My fiance will probably contact the insane asylum once she catches me doing funny voices surrounded by sheets, but it's the price I will have to pay.

futon88

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
When my wife caught me dragging a socket wrench against a cookie tin for "robot noises", she gave me a funny look, but so far there haven't been any suspicious phone calls in the night. I'm safe so far.

Ender

Reaction score
Trophy Points

Is this awesome or isn't this awesome? I vote it is awesome.
I was genuinely wondering if it'd be possible to write a Mario movie in which "So long gay Bowser" makes sense as a parting line in the finale. I haven't found a way to make Bowser's sexual orientation a plot point yet, but I'll keep my eyes open.

In terms of the clip there, it's so faint you can hardly make it out.
although I'd never admit it Seth Rogans voice honestly works ok for most scenes.
All the voices are fine. To me, replacing the cast is more out of principle than them being genuinely awful. I just hate celebrity voice casts, and they're even more offensive when they replace existing, well-established voice casts.

This is the final cut, cranky will sound like this.
This is honestly amazing voicework, but I genuinely can't tell it apart from the original. Maybe with a side-by-side it'd be clearer, but this is what I remember him sounding like in the theater.

And yes, the audio quality sounds fine, at least in isolation. The real test will be inserting it into the rest of the sound mix.

tremault

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was genuinely wondering if it'd be possible to write a Mario movie in which "So long gay Bowser" makes sense as a parting line in the finale. I haven't found a way to make Bowser's sexual orientation a plot point yet, but I'll keep my eyes open.
I'm pretty sure none of us want to promote anything that might be construed as homophobic? (sorry if I've misunderstood anything)

The line from the game is surely "so long king bowser", that's what I always heard it as.

ArtisDead

Academy Coordinator
Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's getting to where you are better off not saying anything.

I have that audio file loaded into Audition but forgot what I was going to do to it. Remove the slight clip? Compress it so that it doesn't sound artificial?

It sounds alright as it is?

Ender

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm pretty sure none of us want to promote anything that might be construed as homophobic? (sorry if I've misunderstood anything)
You see why trying to work this line in is difficult?

I wasn't talking about it in the context of an edit though, but a ground-up rewrite.

It's getting to where you are better off not saying anything.
Is that addressed to me or to Mario?

DonkeyKonga

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You see why trying to work this line in is difficult?

I wasn't talking about it in the context of an edit though, but a ground-up rewrite.

Is that addressed to me or to Mario?

Honestly I was joking but I suppose it wasnt obvious. Obviously the line is fine. (And in my edit)

ArtisDead

Academy Coordinator
Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
All of that went over my head. I'm still not sure what you want me to do with this sound file, @DonkeyKonga.

Top Bottom