• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Playstation Move

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So I finally bit the bullet and bought a PS Move dealy. The new Socom has a bundle pack that includes the playstation eye camera, both move wands and a gun shaped housing called the sharpshooter. The bundle sells for $70 less than if you bought the peices seperate so I finally caved in.

I gotta say (while I predominantly play and will mostly use the move for shooters) its pretty flippin sweet. the tracking is great and its much more fluid than the standard Wii interface (never tried the upgraded "Wii Motion Plus") The sharpshooter has many buttons mapped to it so its more than a gun shaped cradle and feels very sturdy and is easily the coolest "light gun" I have used for a console.

So far I have only used the Move on Killzone 3 and Socom 4 but I really dig it. While not a "replacement" for the standard controller by any stretch I think it really alters the feel of the games and makes for a much more immersive experience. I play the games more tactically due to the vulnerable feeling I get from not being totally at home w/ the new controls and since you turn/look by moving the controller/your body it really feels like you are a soldier or sniper or whatever.

So yeah, if youre on the fence about the Move, like shooters, like deals, I recommend the Socom 4 full deployment bundle.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I want that so bad.

The Wii-motion Plus is a substantial upgrade.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wonder if it would work on your projector.... THAT would be tits!

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Wii works on my projector, the only issue is that you are standing in front of the projector. I need a bigger room.

I think I may pick up the PS3 Move bundle package, as my fat PS3 has shot craps. On a good note, I've gone back to my PS2 to finish up some games that I never completed.

booshman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm not a fan of the move at all. I think it's a terrible piece of kit, especially when used as a light gun. It feels like a massive step backward from the likes of the Guncon 2 in terms of both accuracy and looks. It's a shame that HD gaming has inadvertently had this effect on light gun titles.

Games that have the option of either standard or move controls play far better just using the standard setup in my opinion. Titles that are created solely for the move use are generaly gimicky and childish. Adding move support has been a detriment to some of their lead titles and meant other areas of production have suffered due to getting the new technology in place. The same goes for the 3D support. They should have left the motion controller market to Nintendo.

Top Bottom