• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Photoshop versions

Order66 said:
Hi all, I'm new to this, and im looking into purchasing Adobe Photoshop. Its seems that CS3 is the one that is always talked about. But apparently they are up to CS5. Some people just say "always go with the latest version" but especially with software and programs etc. its not always the case. Sometimes they fix what wasn't broken. So I was just wondering for those people out there who use Adobe Photoshop, what version do you recommend?

Thank you.

I still use Photoshop 7, and it works well enough for most of the things I need. As with all software, the version ultimately matters less than your vision.

There's no denying, though, that some of the newer versions have tools that make things much easier. I'm not quite at the point of upgrading, but I'm definitely getting there.

CS5 is just coming out and it does have some amazing new features for image processing (essentially you'll never be able to trust an image ever again...)

i'd recommend CS4. it should be cheaper after CS5 comes out (now) AND has a lot of system features (threading, memory management, 64bit support etc.) that are upgrades over CS3. that being said, CS3 pretty great, too. they're all good, just some are more obvious upgrades than others.

CS5 is a huge improvement, 64bit only, but $$$

I hate CS4 (version 11.0), they changed stuff and I can fit the windows the way I want them to behave. I prefer CS2 or CS1 (never worked with CS3).

I absolutely adore CS4. I think its well worth the upgrade, and the previews I have seen of CS5 are unbelievable. Get CS5 if you can afford it, otherwise go with CS4. I have used:

Photoshop 6
Photoshop CS3
Photoshop CS4

everytime I have been really happy I went with the upgrade. This is one piece of software that gets better every single time

btw mods.... you may want to move this out of the DVD authoring section and into other technical help ;) I believe there is another one of these threads too. *cracks whip*

ThrowgnCpr said:
btw mods.... you may want to move this out of the DVD authoring section and into other technical help ;) I believe there is another one of these threads too. *cracks whip*

Sorry about that, wasn't sure where to put it.

Thanks for the input everyone!

for Photoshop junkies, CS6 is currently in beta.

CS6beta.png

test-driving it now :cool:

Back
Top Bottom