• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Phantom Menace turns 20 +FE name drop

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
He's bad at directing people how to act. It's more apparent in the prequels because he didn't have anyone to correct things. In the originals he had other directors for 5 and 6, and 1 must just be a fluke.
Granted, this is just from what I've heard, and I haven't seen his films before Star Wars.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
He's bad at directing people how to act.

This is what I meant.  Clearly he has talents that are applicable to being a good director, but directing human beings is not one of them.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not across the board, but in general I agree.  It's not really a defense of Lucas' chops as an actor's director in any way.  Harrison Ford was awesome in spite of George, not because of him.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Mountbatten-Windsor said:
Not across the board, but in general I agree.  It's not really a defense of Lucas' chops as an actor's director in any way.  Harrison Ford was awesome in spite of George, not because of him.

Yup, and there were good performances in the prequels as well. Maybe not great, but decent. Ford, Guinness, Cushing were all decent, if not amazing.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
More importantly, it's the 20 year anniversary of "The Saga Begins" (recorded on April 20, 1999).

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
More importantly, it's the 20 year anniversary of "The Saga Begins" (recorded on April 20, 1999).

The best thing to come from that movie. It's also one of those songs where I'm more familiar with the parody than the original.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
It's also one of those songs where I'm more familiar with the parody than the original.

Take it to the "Make Frink feel older than Yoda" thread.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
It's also one of those songs where I'm more familiar with the parody than the original.

Is that a thread?

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
jrWHAG42 said:

Is that a thread?

IMG_20190525_170442.jpg

Top Bottom