• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

PHANTASM Extended Cut

steelio2006 said:
is there going to be a regular version of this?

I don't think there's any extras on this one, at least I didn't see any listed on his blog or the artwork for this disc, so the movie itself is probably that full size. I don't know why but I thought this was a SL disc. Shame because I'd really love to see this one but I never buy DL discs and the full disc is too big to shrink to SL and still get a good picture. Might have to go out and buy a few DL discs though because I really want to see this.

that's the same thing. i'm interested in it, but i dont have any DLs.

Questions about the new DL NTSC version:

-Will the 2007 R1 Anchor Bay release be used as a new source?
-Are there any additions/changes to this release?
-Will the flashback from the beginning of Phantasm II of what happened after the end of the first one be used (using the 2009 R1 Universal release)?

While otherwise good stuff, this is another case of interlacing/combing that shots down the technical quality of the edit. Puzzling how some Dr. Sapirstein's releases such as Little Shop of Horrors or Swept Away are properly exported, some others like Dancer in the Dark and this one, have combing. So it's not that he doesn't know how to properly export. Furthermore, what's the point of having a DL for a 97 minutes long movie, if the video will look below average?

Back
Top Bottom