• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

PHANTASM Extended Cut

dr.sapirstein said:
Hum, I must say I'm a tad surprised by the rather unfriendly tone used in some messages.

theres no unfriendly tone from me ,im just stating a fact

dr.sapirstein said:
even if you think it's pure shite.

where does anyone say this?

Dr. S, did you happen to test your archive(s) before uploading? I can't get them to extract properly after trying several times.

jamiemark said:
Dr. S, did you happen to test your archive(s) before uploading? I can't get them to extract properly after trying several times.

I got the same.

WinRAR said:
! F:\Fan Edits\Phantasm - Extended Cut\phntsmxtntd.part01.rar: Packed data CRC failed in VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB. The volume is corrupt
! F:\Fan Edits\Phantasm - Extended Cut\phntsmxtntd.part03.rar: Packed data CRC failed in VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB. The volume is corrupt
! F:\Fan Edits\Phantasm - Extended Cut\phntsmxtntd.part04.rar: Packed data CRC failed in VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB. The volume is corrupt
! F:\Fan Edits\Phantasm - Extended Cut\phntsmxtntd.part05.rar: Packed data CRC failed in VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB. The volume is corrupt
! F:\Fan Edits\Phantasm - Extended Cut\phntsmxtntd.part06.rar: CRC failed in VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB. The file is corrupt
! F:\Fan Edits\Phantasm - Extended Cut\phntsmxtntd.part06.rar: Packed data CRC failed in VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_2.VOB. The volume is corrupt
! F:\Fan Edits\Phantasm - Extended Cut\phntsmxtntd.part07.rar: Packed data CRC failed in VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_2.VOB. The volume is corrupt
! F:\Fan Edits\Phantasm - Extended Cut\phntsmxtntd.part08.rar: Packed data CRC failed in VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_2.VOB. The volume is corrupt
! F:\Fan Edits\Phantasm - Extended Cut\phntsmxtntd.part11.rar: CRC failed in VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_2.VOB. The file is corrupt
! F:\Fan Edits\Phantasm - Extended Cut\phntsmxtntd.part13.rar: Packed data CRC failed in VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_3.VOB. The volume is corrupt
! F:\Fan Edits\Phantasm - Extended Cut\phntsmxtntd.part14.rar: Packed data CRC failed in VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_3.VOB. The volume is corrupt
! F:\Fan Edits\Phantasm - Extended Cut\phntsmxtntd.part16.rar: Packed data CRC failed in VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_3.VOB. The volume is corrupt
! F:\Fan Edits\Phantasm - Extended Cut\phntsmxtntd.part17.rar: CRC failed in VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_3.VOB. The file is corrupt
! F:\Fan Edits\Phantasm - Extended Cut\phntsmxtntd.part17.rar: Packed data CRC failed in VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_4.VOB. The volume is corrupt
! F:\Fan Edits\Phantasm - Extended Cut\phntsmxtntd.part18.rar: Packed data CRC failed in VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_4.VOB. The volume is corrupt
! F:\Fan Edits\Phantasm - Extended Cut\phntsmxtntd.part19.rar: Packed data CRC failed in VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_4.VOB. The volume is corrupt
! F:\Fan Edits\Phantasm - Extended Cut\phntsmxtntd.part21.rar: Packed data CRC failed in VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_4.VOB. The volume is corrupt
! F:\Fan Edits\Phantasm - Extended Cut\phntsmxtntd.part22.rar: CRC failed in VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_4.VOB. The file is corrupt
WinRAR, are you sure about that?
If so, it looks like 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 13, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, and 21 are like politicians :p
Maybe 11 and 22 as well.

mmm that means that the internal rar CRC is corrupt which is not a good thing... i reckon this is not unpackable at all.

7zip will unpack it.
Playing it back is the problem.
MPC or VLC will just gag/freeze when it reaches a broken bit.

right... i was trying to say that this was not packed correctly so it will not unpack correctly.

They may have got corrupted while being uploaded.
If that's the case, then some downloaded files are still usable.

if there are no reports that this fanedit has been downloaded properly - or no new upload within the next 3 days, it will have to be removed from fanedit.org.

no reports of anyone being able to download this properly.
This will be removed until a working version is made available.

is the reason being that you cannot extract the file properly? i dl'd it last night, and everything went great until Jdownloader tried to extract and says extract failed. well i am sure you guys will get it worked out. i cant wait to see this one. Phantasm is for sure one of my all time favorite horror classics!

scrapesky said:
is the reason being that you cannot extract the file properly? i dl'd it last night, and everything went great until Jdownloader tried to extract and says extract failed. well i am sure you guys will get it worked out. i cant wait to see this one. Phantasm is for sure one of my all time favorite horror classics!

That's correct. The files are fine to download but when you try to extract it says that they can't because the files are corrupted.

kriegerg69 (tehparadox) said:
Watched it tonight and it was really well-put together....BUT I have to say that it sounded a bit "squeaky" due to the framerate difference between PAL (25fps) and NTSC (29.97fps), which also throws off the running time. The actual movie itself (forgetting about NTSC/PAL video differences) is 89 minutes, which means that the added footage should have made it more like 101 or 102 minutes total. When doing something from a PAL source, isn't there a way to adjust for that framerate/timing difference so it doesn't sound "speeded up" and the running time is correct?

Otherwise, this was great seeing some deleted scenes I hadn't seen before restored back.

Just finished downloading this a little bit ago. Had no problems extracting and burning it either. Looks great and I can't wait to sit down and watch it from front to back. So far, it looks great -- awesome job duder!

very nice job! i had always loved the original Phantasm, but i never knew of the extra scenes. i always forget to watch the special features/deleted or alternate scenes in older films. you did a great job, and everything seemed to fall right into place. thanks for the hard work.

Sorry about the lack of update on this one and about the extraction problem: I'll re-up a newly mastered NTSC dvd (DL) of this extended edition in a few days.

New MU links ready for DL NTSC version of this EE, I just sent the new DLC, it should be available on .info soon, and elsewhere too ;-)

Back
Top Bottom