• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Pets

2 dogs, a cat and my daughter has a guinea pig and a rabbit.

aren't you affraid that the dogs will kill cat? Or that the dogs and cat will kill the guinea pig and rabbit?

they are all quite peaceful. :)
The dogs respect the cat and the cat tolerates the dogs. The rabbit and guinea pig are in cage, so they are not running around here, which is probably good for them. But cats and dogs works really well, especially when you get the dogs as babies.

I have a cat, but i had to give it to my parents for a while to watch, as my apartment was too small and I had to travel a lot. Now they wont return the cat :( Their dog died last year though, and the cat has been a good replacement companion. I would love to get another cat, but I travel too much. perhaps another hamster

..but first you need new parents who take the cat, while you are away... ;-)

Great! Can't wait to read the "So I Killed My Tree Frog" Thread in a couple of weeks.

Cat & a tarantula

Cassidy said:
Great! Can't wait to read the "So I Killed My Tree Frog" Thread in a couple of weeks.

If it dies you will get one. How bout I name it Cassidy?

SEANWOOKIE? said:
Cassidy said:

If it dies you will get one. How bout I name it Cassidy?

Go for it - whatever makes you happy little man.

I have a cat, a cockatiel and a rabbit. But mainly just a cat.

I didn't want the rabbit in the first place, and all he does is crap and piss and claw me when I try to hold him and stuff. I feel really bad about his fate, but I don't know what to do. He gets food, water, his cage cleaned, etc. Just not much love. I feel guilty still.

The bird I visit sometimes, I think he is pretty happy. He just tries to bite me when I take him out anyway.

haha, killer rabbits!! :D most people get pets that probably shouldn't really be pets. bunnies are cute, but most that i have met, aren't very cuddly. As for birds, I am very opposed to them being pets (nothing personal to you beckmen). The bird trade industry is much like a drug ring, as birds are illegally captured, smuggled in, and kept in unsanitary conditions until they are brought to pet stores and/or sold (birds are also bred in captivity, but this only makes up a portion of sales). Most birds actually die before sale. I don't mean to be on a soapbox here, but as an ornithologist I get a little carried away sometimes.

Anyway, hooray for cats and dogs :)

The bird came from a family that I knew that bred them. They had the cage over-filled and the parents used to peck the bird's head over food squabbles. It's now permanently bald on the top of it's head and more hostile than it should be. But we (it was my sister's bird at first) saved it before it died of anything. Not as bad as this other cockatiel that my sister liberated from a pet store. Somehow it's feet had been chewed off by rats. It literally had stumps and kind of balanced on the perch. Sad, but it lived a full life and became a nomadic family pet, moving from home to home.

thats seems like a sad life. I'm glad you were able to help a bit

yeah that sucks, another example of why a lot of animals don't make good pets.

what are you feeding it? size and species of insect may be important for whatever size/species of tree frog you have

Back
Top Bottom