• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Peter Jackson's King Kong re-edited in black & white

fredmc

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just finished watching this edit. That was extremely well done and very appropriate for the genre. I wouldn't want to see this type of transfer for many modern films, but it really works for Kong. As for my subjective score:

Video 9.5/10 (10+ for the black & white transfer + vintage feel, 9 for a few extremely minor compression blocks in the video)

Audio 9/10 (well done, loud enough, and good separation)

Presentation 8/10 (extremely well done - nice menu and trailer, it would normally get a 10/10 in my book, but Jorge and CBB set the bar so darn high in this category)

Packaging 7/10 (nice cover by Boon, but could use disc artwork)

Overall score (weighting Audio + Video = 75%, Presentation + Packaging = 25%):

8.81 - A superb job!

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
oh, so you watched the DVD version :) cool review.

gekko

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Glad you liked the edit. All the praise for the DVD should be directed to boon. I just did the re-edit and the trailer and encoded them to H.264. Boon converted it to MPEG2, created DVD menus, designed the coverart, authored the DVD, etc.

I haven't seen the DVD (no rapidshare) but sounds like he did a great job. :grin:

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points

fredmc

Reaction score
Trophy Points
boon23 said:
oh, so you watched the DVD version :) cool review.

Thanks. And very nice job on the transfer. Kudos to gekko for the original work. Thanks for clearing that up guys.

Top Bottom