• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Peter Jackson The Beatles Let it Be

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Peter Jackson is to revamp The Beatles Let It Be film
Oscar-winning director Peter Jackson, best known for his Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies, is collaborating with The Beatles
to produce a new film from the 55 hours of footage originally filmed by Michael Lindsay-Hogg for what turned into ‘the intimate bioscopic experience’ that was 1970’s Let It Be motion picture.

Peter Jackson said, “The 55 hours of never-before-seen footage and 140 hours of audio made available to us, ensures this movie
will be the ultimate ‘fly on the wall’ experience that Beatles fans have long dreamt about – it’s like a time machine transports us back to 1969, and we get to sit in the studio watching these four friends make great music together.”

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/n...it-be-film-from-original-footage/#more-147124

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
How do you collaborate with a band that no longer exists, especially when two of the four members are no longer alive?

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Peter Jackson is working with Paul, Ringo, Yoko Ono and Olivia Harrison.
so he's working with the two living members and the estates of the others involved
and has the blessing of everyone.

flaminio

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Excited for this; also excited that the original film is also getting a proper release as part of the project.

Jackson is being the ultimate fan-editor here -- he's been given access to all the "deleted scenes" and is making his own "Let It Be" film. Should be fun to see what he comes up with.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Indeed.

Pertinently, Apple have said that a restored version of the original Let It Be movie will also be made available.

Good news.

The footage will be restored by Park Road Post of Wellington, New Zealand using techniques developed for Jackson’s We Shall Not Grow Old WW1 documentary film.

Hmm, not so sure what that means. He's not going to remove all the grain, crop it to widescreen, grade it like a modern movie, do a 3D post-conversion and include an optional smell-o-vision track is he? :D

I'm of the opinion that the reworked 'Let it be Naked' album is The Beatles best record, so doing the same for the film could be similarly brilliant. Lucky Peter Jackson.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
How do you collaborate with a band that no longer exists, especially when two of the four members are no longer alive?

Actually, there are no remaining members alive. Ringo was a replacement for the original drummer, Pete Best, although that is admittedly a close call. And Faul McCArtney is not Paul McCartney. No close call there. He did write some good tunes after the Beatles though.

The best album is Sgt. Peppers or Rubber Soul. Definitely not Let it Be. Too much Faul on that album. 

Should be interesting to watch the additional footage of the interaction between the two real Beatles Lennon and Harrison and the fake McCartney.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ArtisDead said:
TVs Frink said:

Actually, there are no remaining members alive. Ringo was a replacement for the original drummer, Pete Best, although that is admittedly a close call. And Faul McCArtney is not Paul McCartney. No close call there. He did write some good tunes after the Beatles though.

I never said "original members."

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ArtisDead said:
And Faul McCArtney is not Paul McCartney. No close call there. He did write some good tunes after the Beatles though.

The best album is Sgt. Peppers or Rubber Soul. Definitely not Let it Be. Too much Faul on that album. 

Should be interesting to watch the additional footage of the interaction between the two real Beatles Lennon and Harrison and the fake McCartney.

Do you actually believe this?

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
ArtisDead said:
And Faul McCArtney is not Paul McCartney. No close call there. He did write some good tunes after the Beatles though.

Which part?

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ArtisDead said:
addiesin said:
ArtisDead said:

Which part?

What I quoted reads as though you believe the conspiracy theory that Paul McCartney was replaced with a lookalike with plastic surgery after the "real" Paul "died" in a car accident.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I plead the fifth on the grounds that my answer may incriminate me.

I am kidding. It was all meant to be tongue-in-cheek.

There is a lot of compelling evidence presented. And its not beyond question as to whether MI6 could do it or why they would do it.

I think anybody with an intellect and an open mind would consider the facts and not just shrug it off.

I do believe that Let it Be was McCartneys first solo album and not really a Beatles album. 

I have been a Beatles fan for 45 years. John Lennon was always the magic in The Beatles and when he is no longer a Beatle then there is no longer a Beatles.

I respect what they did together but John Lennon and to a slightly lesser degree, George Harrison were the individual talents in the Beatles. Anything McCartney accomplished, he learned from Lennon.

Of course, this is only mine and several million other peoples opinion.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ArtisDead said:

You need to be clearer when you attempt comedy then.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ArtisDead said:
I plead the fifth on the grounds that my answer may incriminate me.

That's a relief! It was hard to tell.

There are a lot of theories and hypotheses and ideas I think are fun and neat and interesting, including Paul is Dead and Ancient Aliens, and I think they make great topics for films and stories. But despite reading, watching, and researching these things, I have never seen compelling evidence that suggests they are a reality.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I’ve been wanting to see the original Let It Be for some time. It’s pretty closely guarded by the powers that be. I’ve heard it isn’t that good a movie but that that it’s still an interesting historical document for fans. I’ll be interested to see both versions when made available. The Beatles have obviously been timing this stuff to coincide with 50th anniversaries. I’m looking forward to the Abbey Road box set most of all.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There is probably tons of various recordings and footage that hasn't been released. 

The Beatles were so huge and famous that releasing anything is a slippery slope. They only need to milk the cow when the milk starts running low.

It's insane. Can you imagine what the handwritten scratch lyrics to A Day in The Life or Something would be worth? Or anything that you could prove belonged to John Lennon or that he may have touched or even sneezed on?

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well here's another clue for you all:
The walrus was Paul.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
“There’s just so much good material here we’ve decided the only way to do it justice is to make it a trilogy.” - Peter Jackson several months from now.

Top Bottom