• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid: Extended by Leonenut

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
PAT GARRETT & BILLY THE KID: EXTENDED

film name : Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid: Extended
film studio name : Warner
Date Original Film Was Released : 1974
Date Edit Was Released : May 2007
Original Runtime : 122 mins (Turner Preview Version)
New Runtime : 127 mins
Amount of time Cut/Added : 5 mins added

Cuts removed/added/extended :
- Shots of Billy walking to the outhouse
- Scene with Garrett and his wife
- Establishing shot of Garrett in the Raft scene
- Scene with Garrett interrogating the whore Ruthie Lee

Fanedit details (please add here details about DVD contents as well as video and audio information):
2.35:1 NTSC Anamorphic
Original mono track

Your intention for this fanedit:
The 2005 cut of this film was a travesty and deleted many great sequences, but added some really good scenes and shots in the process. I added these scenes back to the longer and better Turner Preview version

Time needed for the edition: 1 week

persons involved: LeoneNut
PGandBTK_by_boon23_3D.jpg

additional information:
This DVD was re-authored by boon23 with all new menus and cover art to even improve on the impact of this fanedit. Enjoy.
Also it should be noted that the original version by Leonenut is DUAL LAYER and is available as such on the newsgroups. Boon23 found the length of video and the small audio track sufficient for a high quality shrink with DVD Rebuilder 7-pass. This is probably the best SL version of this you will ever get. A difference to the DL should be hardly noticeable, but of course the video was re-encoded.

Maybe downloadable from Fanedit.info

stamper

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for this one.

Does anyone know where the original theatrical cut can be obtained ? There should be a preservation of this one out there, I believe it only ever existed on VHS ?

(note : this is not the versions currently available on DVD, nor LeoneNut new edit, it's the original, shorter butchered cut that was released in theaters).

LeoneNut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It was released on VHS in the 80s

I've never seen it, but would like too

stamper

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watched your edit and it plays great. I haven't seen the movie for a while (bought the new 2-disc set but didn't opened it yet), and the only addon I could see is the wife scene, due to the difference in color timing.

That would be interesting if you could find a VHS of the original edit, to reconstruct it in 16/9 / widescreen using both DVDs. I'm not sure what edit I prefer, I haven't seen the new one yet (people told me not to see it, I just got the DVD set for the 2nd disc and have the LD anyway), and to what extent the original TC violate the movie (I had seen this one way back on VHS). If purists goes that the TC is bad, it probably means it's the best version ever made ! I mean the director's cut great, but plays a bit slow at many times. And I heard the new cut borrowed a lot from the TC.

LeoneNut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
stamper said:
And I heard the new cut borrowed a lot from the TC.

I heard this too, I think the 2005 cut is the TC plus some Turner Preview scenes and the wife scene.
There was a big debate on one forum as to whether Peckinpah had any say in the TC version.

I dig the laid back style of the movie so don't mind the slow parts :)

jon19809

Reaction score
Trophy Points
literally my best movie of all time (1988 version) id love to see the improvements ,i feel that this film will have a new life at some point much like friedkins sorcerer did...it really is next level stuff,the 2005 version was crap tho ...i need to see this one so i can enjoy what so far would be the best version im guessing ,but im not sure how to,if someone could help a brother out that would be so cool man

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Still MIA. If the film (both cuts, or should I say both cuts that matter) is ever released on Blu-ray, this would most likely merit a HD reconstruction.

Top Bottom