• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Paranormal Activity - Double Feature by Sunarep

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
1020798223d5782eb2e64d8b8c09d7527f277645.png

Original Name: Paranormal Activity, Paranormal Activity 2
Film Studio Name: Paramount Pictures
Original Runtim: 169 minutes
New runtime: 168 minutes
Amount of time cut/added: 18 seconds

Intention:
2010 saw the birth of a new horror franchise with the low budget “Paranormal Activity”. The movie dominated the hallowen boxoffice (which had been in the hands of the Saw franchise the previous five years) and spawned a sequel that continued and expanded the legacy of this strange demonic force.
Paranormal Activity 2 turned out to be both sequel and prequel and while it was not as well reviewed as the original I really enjoyed it the same way I enjoyed the original and after all being said and done a double feature for a DVD-nighter remained a thought in the back of my mind.

Cutlist:
Modified opening credits
Placed Paranormal Activity 2 at first
Cut sequence where they reveal Micah's fate from PA 1
After the possession stops the movie cuts to Paranormal Activity 1
First movie plays uninterrupted until the end
Final moments of Paranormal Activity 2 inserted

Synopsis:
After their house gets vandalized Daniel and Kristi decide to install cameras as a security measurement, but it soon turns out that whatever broke into their house is not human and every night the teror grows stronger...

But it is not only Kristi who falls victim to this paranormal force after much talk her sister Katie convinced her boyfriend Micah to get a camera and monitor their house, because Katie is sure that they are not alone...

Release:
NTSC-DL
English

Special Features:
Trailershow

Thanks to:
TMBTM and DwightFry

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had thought about doing this myself after seeing the first film but gave up any hope of doing it after I saw the second film. Not because it seemed too hard/complicated, it seems like an easy enough edit to do, but because of how much the second film sucked. There is absolutely nothing scary about the second film. Maybe a few creepy moments but overall it's a snorefest. I can only hope that the third film will be much better. Out of curiosity though which ending did you use from the first film?

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
I had thought about doing this myself after seeing the first film but gave up any hope of doing it after I saw the second film. Not because it seemed too hard/complicated, it seems like an easy enough edit to do, but because of how much the second film sucked. There is absolutely nothing scary about the second film. Maybe a few creepy moments but overall it's a snorefest. I can only hope that the third film will be much better. Out of curiosity though which ending did you use from the first film?

I went with the cinematic ending since the police discovering her makes it more mysterious but doesn't work with the second part

tbh i found the second one to be quite scary - but I was really stoked for this movie and really wanted to be scared and i think if you are not totally in it you will be bored by part 2

still i think if part 2 had been released before part 1 it would have been equally well received as part 1 - it did not reinvent the wheel but to me it was a logical continuation and a fun movie night

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, I hated the ending where the police find her. It just drags on and isn't very interesting. I loved the theatrical (Paramount) ending though. I don't get scared by movies but that ending made me both jump and scream at the same time. :lol: The alternate ending is just as good but it's very creepy instead of scary.

I avoided seeing the first film for the longest time because I hate the reality/shot-on-camcorder fad but when I saw the trailer for the second film and you see the woman just get pulled to the ground and dragged down the stairs by some unseen force I had to see the first film because I wanted to see the second one. I can't watch horror movies during the day, unless it's in a theater, because the atmosphere isn't right. So I waited until it got late, turned off all the lights and watched it in the dark. I found it really creepy for the most part but the ending was the only really scary moment.

I did the same for the second film but it didn't matter. What made the first one work was that it was only two people, for the most part, and they only have one camera. In the second film though they've got a camcorder and like 6 security cameras throughout the house. It's kind of hard to focus on anything and try to see if something will pop up when it keeps going from one camera to the next every 2 seconds or so. Also in the first film during most of the night-time scenes something creepy would happen but in the second film out of all the night-time scenes there's only like one or two creepy moments in all.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just a heads up that this MIGHT be considered an extended edition as opposed to a TFE. Reave will have to make the final call, but cutting 18 seconds may not be enough.

(With that said I am interested in seeing this.) :)

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watched the first one in the cinema and I probably had the most moronic crowd commenting on everything that happened.

door opens
guy next to me: "the door opened"
door closes
guy: "now it closed again"

With the second part we searched for a tiny cinema with english screenings (3 weeks after the release) to make sure there were as little people as possible but the funny thing was: the group behind us was freaked out even more than we were
i think there are some genuinely frightening sequences in both movies and there is one jump scare in part 2 you don't see coming (i read that something will happening that you won't see coming and i still jumped)

Also i liked the demon in the second part because you felt as if there was a genuine goal - like an invisible chess player slowly removing all the threats growing stronger and stronger until he hit

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Are you referring to all the cabinet doors opening at once in part 2 as the jump scare?

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
Are you referring to all the cabinet doors opening at once in part 2 as the jump scare?

yep that one... really didn't see it coming :oops:

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I haven't seen part 2 yet but I think part 1 works so well because of the fact that all the really creepy parts happen at night, when people are in the comfort of their bed sleeping soundly. It takes a lot to scare me with horrors, really, and this was no different, but as I went to bed on the night after watching this I did consider a few 'what if' scenarios.

Hubunkey

Reaction score
Trophy Points
You should try to find a way to edit in Paranormal Activity: Tokyo Night when they release it to make it one looooooooong movie

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Omaru1982 said:
I haven't seen part 2 yet but I think part 1 works so well because of the fact that all the really creepy parts happen at night, when people are in the comfort of their bed sleeping soundly. It takes a lot to scare me with horrors, really, and this was no different, but as I went to bed on the night after watching this I did consider a few 'what if' scenarios.

yeah also what I like (what many people are mocking) is the fact that the things that happen at first can be explained rationally: a pan falling down, a door slam-shut... those things happen in every house, so if you come home and your sister enters the house at night and accidentally slams the door.... well let's say i was a little scared :-o

You should try to find a way to edit in Paranormal Activity: Tokyo Night when they release it to make it one looooooooong movie

haven't heard about that one... but "twice the bedrooms twice the fear" sounds a little over the top... let's see

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not to be a buzz-kill, but is this in the works, or will it be submitted soon? :)

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
L8wrtr said:
Not to be a buzz-kill, but is this in the works, or will it be submitted soon? :)

I'm authoring the dvd then I'll send it to TMBTM, so depending on the french postal service it will be online asap :D

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Authoring the DVD after Dvd-lab had some problems

Thanks to TMBTM and Spicediver for providing trailers as extrafeatures (I took the liberty of replacing the "coming soon" of both trailers with an "available at fanedit.org" sing)

scrapesky

Reaction score
Trophy Points
this is the 1st time back for me in a long time due to work, and this caught my eye right away. i love both of these films, as well as PA:Tokyo Night. Oren Peli refers to it as another sequel or chapter if you will with direct ties to the couple. i love all of the films, and Sunarep you are the man at putting the pieces together of films in the series or sequel type. i have got to see this when it is available. Thank You for this!!!!!!

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Quick Question: when will this edit be released on the main site?

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I belive the newest edits are put on the site on tuesdays. I think.

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the review TMTBM

Video is good, audio too; even if the audio volume of the second part (so the first movie) is a bit higher.

Damn, I thought I had ironed that out, but my headphones betrayed me... well let's just assume that micah turned up the volume because they were searching for a very silent demon and wanted to hear everything ;)

you're right about the edit being pretty simple as it started out basically as just a quick edit for my friends to have a dvd nighter, glad you enjoyed it though

Top Bottom