• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

PARADISE - a Prometheus + Alien: Covenant edit

jobwillins

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been working on this edit for a few weeks and my goal to make a David-centric cut that retains more mystery and plays on the strengths of both of these films.  The editing of the two narratives begins much like my previous project, Derelict, but it's very different in that the character of David is the anchor between them instead of the derelict alien craft.

My goal is a 2.5 hour film, which my current edit is very close to, so there is a lot of material that's going unused.  I'm using a bit of deleted and marketing material from both films, but not a lot.  I'll have more details to share as the release gets closer, but here's a quick little teaser I cut together.

I hope the finished product is something the community will enjoy.

Thanks!
~J

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
cool . looking forward to this. Will you start the film with the conversation between Weyland and David as seen at the beginning of Covenant?

jobwillins

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That was my initial plan, but I’ve been experimenting with it (or pieces of it) in a couple of different spots to see how it affects the pacing.  Glad you’re interested!

~J

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great - very interested to see this. I went to the cinema to see it and have ordered the 4k from the U.S just waiting for it to arrive.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is Covenant already commercially available?

jobwillins

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It was out on Blu-ray last week in the US.  Digital a couple of weeks before that.

~J

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Covenant was such a disappointing piece, but oh well - maybe you can fix it.

FreeUkulele

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Very interested. I actually liked Covenant quite a lot, especially everything surrounding David, so I'm excited to see what happens if one merges it with Prometheus.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jobwillins said:
It was out on Blu-ray last week in the US.  Digital a couple of weeks before that.

~J

Wow, either I'm Rip Van Winkle or that movie did not last long in theaters at ALL. It's very possible I'm Rip Van Winkle.

The project sounds neat. Good luck man!

jobwillins

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks, everyone!  Hope you all enjoy it when it’s ready!

-J

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
movies these days seem to have shorter life in theaters than back in 90's when i worked at a theater, it was there  several months, left town then came back to the discount theater for few months before it even hit dvd.
but now its all about blu ray sales and profits.

gazza

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i have high hopes for this and i have out of the two movies you can make a well paced movie. the problem with both movies was there was too much padding of the characters. the same problem occurs in almost every movie made to today.we do not need to be introduced to ever character then spoonfed their backstories and their likes or dislikes, our brains subconsciously fills in those gaps. thats why alien is the classic movie it has become, we were introduced to the crew as the crew(a group of people only together because if they wanted to be paid they had to work together,they nessessarly didnt know each other they learned about each other as we did.thats why people keeps reffering back to it because we the audience could see ourselves in the movie as part of the crew)

i always though covenant would work better if the David character was more silent  who only spoke or interacted when needed and was battling inner voices like a norman bates type of character.
 David never made sense to me because if he hated or was even starting to dislike his creaters or humanity and his model number allowed free will why was he always happy when he spoke?

jobwillins

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've posted my current cut for some reactions and feedback this weekend if anyone is interested.
Feel free to PM me or shoot me an email at jobwillins(at)gmail

password: preview

Thanks!
~J

jobwillins

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks everyone for your feedback and encouragement from the preview weekend!  I hope to release the finished version soon!

~J

jobwillins

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The edit is finished!  

Submission to the IFDB and .info forthcoming.

~J

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@"jobwillins" - I removed the link to your blog because you have a download link (google drive). Just have people PM you for the information.

jobwillins

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fair enough.  Sorry about that.

~J

ThrowgnCpr said:
@"jobwillins" - I removed the link to your blog because you have a download link (google drive). Just have people PM you for the information.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Edit released and on ifdb. Thread moved.

Top Bottom