• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Pan and zoom still image

kaarma33

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi:

I need a little help with this one and half second shot of a space ship in Womble.

I take a snapshot (looks just fine) within womble and I have it pan in for a close up. Womble does not do video filters at all well. The pan and zoom goes in a step like fashion, which looks jittered. I tried Proshow slideshow software with the same snapshot from Womble and the aspect ratio is right off, even thought I specifically made the proshow gold mpeg at 768x432: slightly smaller and squashed. I (un)checked the "maintain aspect ratio" in Womble for the proshow mpeg, but that made no difference on the proshow gold mpeg aspect ratio. Proshow gold mpeg does not look like it jitters as much as Womble.

I double checked on Womble that the aspect ratio is 768x432, then I made sure it's the same as in proshow and then output to 4:3 high quality video mpeg. The 16:9 proshow setting chops off the left and right of the frame.

Is there any better Windows Vista slideshow software that does panning and zooming?

For example, Movealong did a really great job of panning and zooming still frames in his Story of Star Wars fan edit, but I don't have a Mac.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
with proshow just use the "stretch to frame feature" and it will be perfect for a 16to9 image.
However, Proshow is NOT GOOD for working with video files, at least I have made only rather bad experiences.
If you need to zoom into an image you need a high quality video editor for that like Vegas.
Or you could save an image sequence with virtual dub, resize all images with a good image editor and then create your output with virtual dub and frameserve to tmpgenc. This would be the all freeware way for this with decent quality.

Top Bottom