• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

P2

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm especially proud of the docs, as they took me months to assemble. All the magazine articles in there, I had to track down physical copies of; including the Penthouse issues. The Fangorias and Starlogs weren't too easy to find, either.

Yeah, kudos to you indeed blueyoda. Your docs were excellent and have certainly inspired me in my forthcoming attempts to make a documentary for my Jaws 3 edit. Must have cost you a fair bit to collect all those magazines!

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
blueyoda said:
I had to track down physical copies of; including the Penthouse issues.
No, honey, it's for a fanedit, I swear!

blueyoda

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
LastSurvivor said:
Yeah, kudos to you indeed blueyoda. Your docs were excellent and have certainly inspired me in my forthcoming attempts to make a documentary for my Jaws 3 edit. Must have cost you a fair bit to collect all those magazines!

Not counting the four versions of Piranha 2 I bought to find the best image quality...

NSFW...
p2versionscomparisontit.jpg

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
blueyoda said:
Not counting the four versions of Piranha 2 I bought to find the best image quality...
You're single-handedly responsible for over half the profit the movie ever made.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Had to put your nsfw image in a spoiler, blue. Remember this is a pg13 forum.

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for adding that Frink, saved me ;)

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
From a fate worse than death? ;)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow!

After sitting on my computer for weeks, I finally had some free time and I popped P2 in the old dvd player
and boy oh boy am I ever sorry I waited so long!

The is a bad movie! But in the absolutely BEST possible sense of the word. I really had a fun time watching it.
And that is the key word for this edit.... FUN!

I will not give away any spoilers or even attempt to write a review as clever as Last Survivor,
but I will sing the praises of Blueyoda and say THANK YOU for sharing this edit with us.

You have definitely taken Z-grade movie and elevated it to pure B-Movie Bliss.
Many may still not enjoy this type of movie or get what all the fuss is about,
but if you grew watching these type of movies at your local drive in or midnight theatres or on local cable channels,
then you know what what we are talking about and will fully appreciate the time and effort put into BY's clever edit.

It is still not a masterpiece or perfect movie,
but neither is it meant to be.
It is Leave-Your-Brain-At-The-Door, eat some popcorn, and just sit back and enjoy the ride!

And enjoy it, I did.

Thanks again blueyoda.

Thumbs up!:)

bennjr

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is easily the best version of "Piranha 2"!

With clear images, atmospheric red-tinted "fish view" and an AWESOME amount of Extras, this really adds to what "Piranha 2", or rather P2, should have looked like.

With scenes re-arranged and re-edited to how James Cameron actually wanted the film to look, it just comes across as a better film. Most interesting are the new opening credits featuring footage of actual Piranha fish and a snazzy new logo at the start, P2 is a re-cut that I think is my new favourite version of this cheesey classic!

The Extras are the best: Documentaries, Biographies, a short film, a scene-by-scene comparison and an alternate ending, too!

This is the ultimate special edition that P2 really deserves, and BlueYoda has done a fine job on a not-always-fine film.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rebue:

[disclaimer: i wasn't drunk.]

This B movie's got it all: vicious, unthinking eating machines, human fodder for said machines, sad cougars, hampered young romance, awesome boobs, and 'splosions. Best of all, it's all watchable, thanks to blueyoda's editing and some decent performances by the core cast.

But our dear editor does leave some goodness on the cutting room floor. In particular, we see even less of Carole Davis (smokin'!), but blueyoda more than makes up for that by giving us her career arc in the biographies section.

Speaking of which, one can tell a lot of hard work (and boobs) went into the biographies and bonus material. The pieces on James Cameron will also leave one wondering why there weren't Giant Killer Robots in all his movies, including Titanic. Strange, huh.

But seriously, man, Assonitis? Is that the producer's real last name?

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is there some way/somewhere to get this? It's 100% offline at Mediafire.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There must be something in the water today. :p

Top Bottom