• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Out of Context Thread

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
Yeah, that's just not cool.

Agreed. As it says in the rules: https://www.fanedit.org/rules/

III. POSTING IN THE MESSAGE BOARD

2. We do not tolerate bad behavior. This is a pleasant community. Let’s keep it that way. There is no room for hatred or bigotry on fanedit.org. Posts which are offensive or derogatory to any ethnic or other group is the surest way to get yourself banned.

@"Junglist Paja" and @"suspiciouscoffee" bans and infractions have been issued.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
In suspiciouscoffee's defense, he is gay himself — something his fundamentalist upbringing and home environment hasn't exactly left him comfortable with. The homophobia he's expressed is the internalized kind.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
In suspiciouscoffee's defense, he is gay himself — something his fundamentalist upbringing and home environment hasn't exactly left him comfortable with. The homophobia he's expressed is the internalized kind.

Thanks for the info, I did not know that. It's still no excuse for using language like that in the forum but now I at least know the context. I've downgraded the ban.

ChainsawAsh

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Can we maybe not use posts from the Emotional Support Thread in here? Not directly related to the recent issues, that just made me aware that people were using quotes from it in here, since I rarely visit this thread. I'd hate to think someone finds a quote from one of their posts seeking support and ends up taking it badly or think they're being ridiculed for sharing.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
dahmage said:
That's hilari

4638b1a85936e3f520c5407747dbecf2.jpg

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ I've seen those glasses somewhere before.

dddbc368da035062-600x338.jpg

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ChainsawAsh said:
Can we maybe not use posts from the Emotional Support Thread in here? Not directly related to the recent issues, that just made me aware that people were using quotes from it in here, since I rarely visit this thread. I'd hate to think someone finds a quote from one of their posts seeking support and ends up taking it badly or think they're being ridiculed for sharing.

Agreed.  I've removed the post that this was directed at.  In the future if you see one notify a staff member and we'll remove it.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don’t know much Mega Man, but I’m guessing his name is Top Man, because otherwise the joke doesn’t work, as he gives off strong Bottom Energy.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
suspiciouscoffee said:
I don’t know much Mega Man, but I’m guessing his name is Top Man, because otherwise the joke doesn’t work, as he gives off strong Bottom Energy.

Yes, it's Top Man from Megaman 3. His power is the worst, but I like his music, so he gets a pass. You're right about the bottom energy, he's top in name alone.

Top Bottom